Handcuffs And Ropes

Phesired

(For when NPC's + other players are added)

This is a long term idea but I posted it anyway, so I asked if NPC's would hide being bitten from you if they are (the answer was yes), this is great if you find out their bitten, and if there was a way to cuff them or tie them up so if they do survive the bite that I hear there's a 2% chance, they can stay alive, and obviously if they don't, their tied up. I like the idea of keeping them tied up until you know if they survived the bite as such. This wouldn't just be for this one common scenario but say if you get NPC's hostage and want information, you could take them captive. This may be a small feature but personally I like little cool features like this, it makes the game what it is. They could be used for so much more as well, post below to create more cool scenarios or, ways they can be used in the game below.

Better idea for cuffing them if they're not friendly or infected. Do this if you have horde problems

1) Take them out onto a street.

2) Shoot one (if you only have one then shoot near.) The noise brings the zombies

3) Escape through a chosen route.

4) Area zombies were in is now empty for you to loot.

5) Listen to their screams as you run.

6) ?

7) Profit

Better idea for cuffing them if they're not friendly or infected. Do this if you have horde problems

2) Shoot one (if you only have one then shoot near.) The noise brings the zombies

6) ?

7) Profit

I feel so bad for npc's in your game if this idea ever gets implemented.

6) ?

7) Profit

Well if you think about it, cuffing still comes into this, you would need to cuff them so they don't escape once you shoot and run away. From what I have seen you write so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd amputated their every toe so they can't run before you do all your "take them out on to the street" business. xD.

I would be severely disappointed if backstabbing mechanics aren't implemented at some point.

Me and a friend running from a horde together. I turn and shoot him in the knee, he falls to the ground. I escape while the horde munches on him.

Ya'know, classy stuff like that.

I would be severely disappointed if backstabbing mechanics aren't implemented at some point.

Me and a friend running from a horde together. I turn and shoot him in the knee, he falls to the ground. I escape while the horde munches on him.

Then he pulls out his handgun with only one bullet left... But instead of taking the easy way out he opts for revenge and shoots his backstabbing friend in the back of the knee before getting swamped. Now they're both zombie chow.

I'm going to be annoyed if a video like that doesn't make it onto youtube within five minutes of those mechanics being introduced.

6) ?

7) Profit

Well if you think about it, cuffing still comes into this, you would need to cuff them so they don't escape once you shoot and run away. From what I have seen you write so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd amputated their every toe so they can't run before you do all your "take them out on to the street" business. xD.

Better yet, I'll make it so all the zombies that go munch on them are crawlers. More slow and more painful :D

This.  I really want to do this, in order for them to add this mechanic we need:

- Better Gun Mechanics - I suggested this before but the post didn't get a lot of views:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2691-better-gun-mechanics-before-multiplayer/

- Injuries - getting shot in the leg will make someone fall, and have to crawl

- Hungry Zombies - make zombies actually take the time to eat people instead of just kill them

Can't wait to betray my friends.

OP's idea: Awesome, would love to be able to do this, would be a good way of taking prisoners too and leading them back to your zombie pit.

This reminds me so much of the walking dead, where Sean shoots Odus in his leg to get back with the medical supplies alive, for Carl.

Thought of a good one.

1) Go insane, barricade the outside of a house so zombies can't get out.

2) Lure some shamblers into the house then get out.

3) If they don't break out then you have your own zombie pet house.

4) Tie up or trick some NPC's into the house. 

5) Feed the Zombie so it doesn't die.

6) Hakuna matata

I'm beginning to think I should record doing this evil shit to NPC's and post it to youtube.

6) Hakuna Matata

I felt it needed to be corrected.

It's right up there in my pet peeves with people saying "It's a doggy dog world", and "a diamond dozen".

isn't it "It's a dog eat dog world" not doggy dog world? :P

And, fits right into the OP i guess... Zipties. any ideas?