Limitless Sandbox Trait

Luingar

In the end no one changed there stance and both sides felt that the other wasn't listening but since the #s on each side remain the same no one has lost and no one gained anything from having argued this, maybe a new thread will be born a month from now and we will actually get somewhere.

you know,

all this discussing if it should be in the game or not....

if you really want it in your game just drop this file in and enjoy your unlimited traits

you never know what devs think so talking there ears off that it SHOULD be in the game isn't really going to work I think

so you may discuss it further, but I will not discuss this any more,

I sand by the point if the devs want it in the game it will implemented in the future, until the time it is/isn't you can always use mods to add it in.

EDIT: changed the file to a link of my modding forum topic.

UnlimitedTraits and other mods

you know,

all this discussing if it should be in the game or not....

if you really want it in your game just drop this file in and enjoy your unlimited traits

you never know what devs think so talking there ears off that it SHOULD be in the game isn't really going to work I think

so you may discuss it further, but I will not discuss this any more,

I sand by the point if the devs want it in the game it will implemented in the future, until the time it is/isn't you can always use mods to add it in.

Until that day which hopefully comes I will just have to deal with the way it is and thank you, thank you.

I've never heard those arguments and regardless of the route normal has taken over the years hard has become harder. games having better AI implemented means that in campaign and multiplayer bots are much more effective and it doesn't hurt that on hard in just about any shooter game  they have near perfect accuracy combined with extreme aiming speed, and seeming to know when you are trailing them. In strategy games A.I.s often get the jump on you through rushing or if it finds out you are rushing it will turtle not that these are hard to beat if you use anti A.I. tactics (such as building a wall around their base) or if the game is unbalanced  but that just shows you were not looking for a good game anyway.

If I wasn't such a strict adherent to logic I'd point out that this point alone invalidates almost everything you could possibly have to say about gaming. You may not have heard it but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact, games in general have taken a massive swing towards easiness in the last 20 years. I mean massive. As someone who's been around for it all- you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, AI may be more complicated now but complicated ≠ hard. Games are being intentionally programmed easier so that they can get continued support from customers that might rage quit if it was a wee bit challenging. Things like perma-death, resource loss on death, level drain, no saving, long periods between saving, high skill caps, skill based rather than gear based gameplay; these things are things of the past. This is well documented and oft discussed by everyone in the gaming industry. I'm not going to argue with you anymore about the 'limitless' trait- you're literally just copy-pasting the same answer over and over now. But on this... this you are wrong plain and simple.

Edit: And just a further comment on A.I., you're right that in shooters they have quick reflexes and near perfect accuracy, but in many old shooters the enemies just hit you no matter what. No aim calculations, no movement speed tracking... they just hit you. Complex ≠ hard. It's all in how it's implemented.

If I wasn't such a strict adherent to logic I'd point out that this point alone invalidates almost everything you could possibly have to say about gaming. You may not have heard it but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact, games in general have taken a massive swing towards easiness in the last 20 years. I mean massive. As someone who's been around for it all- you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, AI may be more complicated now but complicated ≠ hard. Games are being intentionally programmed easier so that they can get continued support from customers that might rage quit if it was a wee bit challenging. Things like perma-death, resource loss on death, level drain, no saving, long periods between saving, high skill caps, skill based rather than gear based gameplay; these things are things of the past. This is well documented and oft discussed by everyone in the gaming industry. I'm not going to argue with you anymore about the 'limitless' trait- you're literally just copy-pasting the same answer over and over now. But on this... this you are wrong plain and simple.

Edit: And just a further comment on A.I., you're right that in shooters they have quick reflexes and near perfect accuracy, but in many old shooters the enemies just hit you no matter what. No aim calculations, no movement speed tracking... they just hit you. Complex ≠ hard. It's all in how it's implemented.

I never said it didn't exist because i haven't heard of it i simply said i didn't know that, i'm sorry for not knowing about one aspect of games i guess just about anything i could possible say is wrong now  :roll: . I did not copy and paste my answers and no one else has said anything different the only reason you haven't  said something to the others is due to whose side you are on.

I never said it didn't exist because i haven't heard of it i simply said i didn't know that, i'm sorry for not knowing about one aspect of games i guess just about anything i could possible say is wrong now  :roll: . I did not copy and paste my answers and no one else has said anything different the only reason you haven't  said something to the others is due to whose side you are on.

No, you're right, Roach is copy pasting his answers, too. But he wasn't doing it to me and I wasn't debating with him, so there wasn't any reason for me to bring it up. I'm not saying "you're copy pasting your answers therefor BAN," I'm just saying there's no point in me continuing the discussion.

No, you're right, Roach is copy pasting his answers, too. But he wasn't doing it to me and I wasn't debating with him, so there wasn't any reason for me to bring it up. I'm not saying "you're copy pasting your answers therefor BAN," I'm just saying there's no point in me continuing the discussion.

yeah I guess that is reasonable, I just take things personally sometimes.

yeah i guess that is reasonable, i just take things personally sometimes.

It's not hard to do. It took me nearly a decade of foruming (and a few of moderating various places) before I could take a step back and a deep breath sometimes.

No, you're right, Roach is copy pasting his answers, too.

My attempt to leave this thread was just proven futile. Please elaborate what I should do then to avoid repeating myself. He never adresses why it have to be in the vanillia game and not a mod. I make arguements how it would havefer a disser for the new players. What is his reponse? ''Options are good thus it is good for everyone''.  With this logic we should allow selling alcohol and weapons  to children, because apparently options are always good!

But I am done with this, it is up to the devs to decide what to do.