Ingame Menu question

oOXAEROOo

Heya,

i´m trying to understand the in game menu (Like in Zspawn) and change the Description from the items (for creating a german version)

That´s just the button without the functions.

self:CreateItemButton(0, 0, "Torch");

0, 0 is the Button Location and "Torch" is the Item to get AND the Button description. I tried a few things to change that, but most ended in wired codes for just one button change. 

Can anyone help me out with that and who thinks its a good idea to take the images of the Item and no Text?

The line of code you posted doesn't give you the actual Item. I haven't looked at the code of ZSpawn, but usually there should be a function somewhere which is called when the button is pressed. Check that one ;)

So changing the label of the button to german shouldn't change the whole mod. 

The line of code you posted doesn't give you the actual Item. I haven't looked at the code of ZSpawn, but usually there should be a function somewhere which is called when the button is pressed. Check that one ;)

So changing the label of the button to german shouldn't change the whole mod. 

i know, the function is above that code in every .lua. For some reason it change it.. if you rename the item name it wont work.. if u replace it wit an other it takes the other item (as long it match with an existing item). 

As I have said I haven't looked at the code of ZSpawn I just suspected that the internal and external variables are seperated (as that's how I usually do it). 

I think ExcentriCreation is the current writer of their code so it might help to ping him about it :)

As I have said I haven't looked at the code of ZSpawn I just suspected that the internal and external variables are seperated (as that's how I usually do it). 

I think ExcentriCreation is the current writer of their code so it might help to ping him about it :)

ah, ok. i misunderstood ^^. The mod original is from Spyder638 and the most of the script here is copy/past, but i have no idea if spyder is reachable for questions like that. i was hoping someone read this and can help me out. thank you for trying ;).

• 1 month later...