Problem with monitors

Fen0day

Question

Hi! I have install Pop os and i have 3 monitors, i have problems with pz. 2 monitors(1920x1080) connected to video card and other 1(1280x1024) connected to mother board. Just because a small monitor is connected to the motherboard, the game thinks that it is primary and i can't change it. I tried to I tried putting the game in windowed mode then move window to main monitor and put it back to fullscreen, it's fix problem one, but then i can't change resolution to 1920x1080, i fixed it like this, i turn off my pc, disconnect small monitor, turn on pc and reinstall game then connect small monitor back and it's fix problem. In General, I would like to ask you to add a monitor selection in the game itself (so that there are no problems with the resolution as well). sorry for my bad eng...

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Beard said:

You can try editing the "options.ini" file found in your home/Zomboid directory. Right at the top you can force a certain resolution to load, so you can try if that helps fixing the issue.

I already try it :/ . But thank you for your answer.

Could you please take a look at the "console.txt" and see what GPU is listed there? From your description it sounds like PZ is using your onboard GPU as main GPU, therefore using your small display connected there as main display.

The line you are looking for should look something like this: 

LOG  : General, 1603461186899> Graphics = [AdapterRAM=4293918720,DriverVersion=27.21.14.5167,Name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB]

6 minutes ago, -MaVerick- said:

Could you please take a look at the "console.txt" and see what GPU is listed there? From your description it sounds like PZ is using your onboard GPU as main GPU, therefore using your small display connected there as main display.

The line you are looking for should look something like this: 

LOG  : General, 1603461186899> Graphics = [AdapterRAM=4293918720,DriverVersion=27.21.14.5167,Name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB]

Hello, i found two strings with mention "Graphics", there it is:
1) LOG  : General, 1603455603922> java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
2) LOG  : General, 1603455606588> GraphicsCard: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Thanks for help!

Well, looks like I was wrong cause that is your main GPU. Next thing that comes to mind would be your Windows configuration regarding displays. Assuming you are on Win10, please take a look under Settings>System and check the display options. Look for something fishy, like your small display set to main.

I am running a single display system, so I can't check those settings here for myself, but my better half runs 2 displays, so I can take a look later today.

24 minutes ago, -MaVerick- said:

Well, looks like I was wrong cause that is your main GPU. Next thing that comes to mind would be your Windows configuration regarding displays. Assuming you are on Win10, please take a look under Settings>System and check the display options. Look for something fishy, like your small display set to main.

I am running a single display system, so I can't check those settings here for myself, but my better half runs 2 displays, so I can take a look later today.

I have linux (i don't have win10), i already check it. my main monitor is primary.

Archived