Can't play build 41 after a couple of hours

Finky

I've been playing project zomboid build 41 for a couple of hours, but after I play again, the error at the bottom right corner been popping up whenever I click "continue" or "load" on the menu I even tried to play a new game, restarted the game or reinstalling.

It seems to me that the game has trouble loading the save files due to your Username having unknown characters. I would recommend changing the directory of the Zomboid folder to fix that.

Go to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties  >  Set Launch Options > Write "-cachedir=C:\Zomboid" there without the quotation marks.
After that launch the game from Steam, you might need to reset your settings as this changes the folder with the settings and saved games.
You can copy over everything from "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to this new folder in C:\Zomboid to move your saves and settings.

Thank you the error is now solved but it seems like I can't play the old saves, because the error comes back after I copy everything from "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to the new folder. But overall it is all good now I will just play a new game.

I uninstalled my anti virus software and I disabled the windows security but nothing fixes, but what I did is backup my save and delete the "saves" folder and then play a new game then quit to menu and I copied my backup save to "saves" it temporarily fixes the game as long as I don't quit to desktop.

Would you consider this issue similar to this one? The player seems to have found a way to make it work by opening the save folder before loading in, can you try doing that to see if that fixes it? It would be a clue to us if more people can fix it this way.

It didn't work, the only way I can play build 41 is by backing up my save and delete the saves folder and open the game and then play a new game(which works) and I will quit to menu and copy my backed up save and load the game. I do that every time I play the game so that I can progress to my save.