Can't open cans with can opener

Purpitrator

Playing version 41.45 I generated a new sandbox game and I found I am unable to open any of my canned food (other than the corned beef for some reason), anyway this is quite annoying as it should not require any level of skill to use a can opener on a can, and I have no "fresh" food around to eat. None of the methods of opening cans work, right clicking the can opener shows the options: "Drop", "Equip" & "Favorite" and the same for the canned foods (besides equip). Going into the crafting menu I found I could open a can of corned beef, however none of the other cans showed that I had any to open.

Edited by Purpitrator
typo and missing information

You have can opener in your inventory? beef  is the only one that do not demand can opener to open it. Rest of cans demand you to have can opener in your inventory.

Well i check in my game after update it work fine. Do you use mods?

Edited by Stuckov
Duble check

You're probably using a mod that overwrote the script for the Can Opener item, making it incompatible with recent improvements to the item system that the devs implemented.

Why someone would overwrite the Can Opener script for a mod is beyond me, but oftentimes people just have the entire item script files in their mods with the changes they made to a few items in it, so that's probably the case here.

Edited by Planet Algol
inserted probably

I see, so I should tweak the mod list to see which one is breaking my can opening.. I kind of thought so but I thought since none of my mods involve cans or can openers I thought it could have been a bug, because I've not been able to open cans since build 41.45 update. Thanks anyway guys.

And yes, I know how to use can openers lol

Edited by Purpitrator