Questions regarding Zombies and Combat

EraZer

Hi!

I saw this video a few minutes ago: ( 3:03 - 3:40 is the part i'm referring to)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkOuxKS6ZBU&t=227s&ab_channel=ambiguousamphibian

For me it seems way too easy (or at least in this video) to just "out-walk" those zombies without much struggle. He didnt even had to run. I thought that they will grab you when youre in reach, or make you stumble? Most of those zombies had their arms around him already but they did nothing other than catching into the air sometimes? Is this really how its supposed to be?

And another Question i had was about the Zombie speed. I always thought that some Zombies could walk faster than other Zombies or even the Player. In this video however all Zombies walked very slow, even tho some of them had those "fast walker" animations. They seem to be too slow for my liking and not much of a threat. Is this intended too? Because i really remember them being faster, making you run in some situations.

Thanks for the answers :)

it is like that i think, or else it would be impossible to manage herds, i mean if he would get close enough they would grab him but he didnt.

you can change the zombie speeds on the sandbox settings if you think it is too slow, but even slow zombies will catch you if you are not careful, i mean there is thousands of them and only one of you. Also when zombies get close to you they should walk a little bit faster.

And finally i think this guy has been playing for years so i am not surprised if he knows how not to get killed.

9 minutes ago, RedOrange said:

it is like that i think, or else it would be impossible to manage herds, i mean if he would get close enough they would grab him but he didnt.

you can change the zombie speeds on the sandbox settings if you think it is too slow, but even slow zombies will catch you if you are not careful, i mean there is thousands of them and only one of you. Also when zombies get close to you they should walk a little bit faster.

And finally i think this guy has been playing for years so i am not surprised if he knows how not to get killed.

I just think that is looks weird because i thought that zombies can grab you now or make you stumble, but looking at this video it looks nothing like that, even tho they basically had their hands around him all the time..

He didnt had to run once in that dangerous situation and that kinda ruins it for me.

Archived