Crashing Game On BETA 41

wep26

Question

Hello, I'm having a crash problem.

I updated the PZ to beta 41, after starting the game and loading the world, I can play from 2 to 5 minutes after which the game freezes and stops responding.

All my drivers are the latest version. I've tried verifying files, reinstalling. I lowered all possible settings in the game, I also tried to run a 32 bit game, Nothing helped.

My PC:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
RAM: 24.00 GB 
Operating System: Windows 10 LTSC 64bit  

I would be grateful for any of your help.

14-10-20_13-12-31_DebugLog.txt console.txt options.ini

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Beard said:

Could you also upload the "err_pid" log found in your main game folder? "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid"
Just grab the latest one, they usually get created when the game crashes.

I do not have this file, not in the path you indicated, and not anywhere on my computer.
I was looking for "err_pid" and "hs_err_pid", several times I started the game so that it would crash, but this file still did not create.

I also noticed that crashes only happen when I'm in the building. And even more often if I'm in a building and zoom in on the camera.

In that case can you try going to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" again and deleting the "scripts" folder found in the "media" folder?
There are some script errors and it could be that they fail to load when hanging around buildings. So try to delete that folder and then verify all your files again, so the proper scripts will be redownloaded.

it didn't help either.

I will also attach a link to the video in which you can see how this happens, maybe this will help with something (in this video in the description there is a console.txt from this launch of the game)

I have two ideas in that case, first one is doing the same thing as you did with the Scripts folder but now do it with the Lua folder as well, those files can have issues too.
I would also recommend going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and deleting the "Lua" folder there as well.

If that doesn't help, can I ask if you use any overlay programs? Like Discord overlay, or Lux is popular too.

There is no result. I deleted the "Scripts" and "Lua" folder from the  "media" folder. I also removed "Lua" from the "Zomboid" folder. And verifying files.

I do not have overlay programs, and for accurate testing I turned off all possible programs and discord.

I am attaching console.txt and DebugLog.txt from the last test.

console.txt - https://pastebin.com/VRr2QZqU

DebugLog.txt - https://pastebin.com/MjMwGCbn

Archived