The ideas for optimization of game

Nazarito22

Hi everyone.
So , in the bottom you will read the improvements:

- remove ground (vegetation and floor level) under buildings ( if you know in Buildings Editor we create a floor for building ). Also we can add ground manually if need of course.

- make the grass level like the sublevel and the lowest level. Also make the grass a single picture (maybe 300x300), and not like array of units. When the player interacts with the grass level (digging, for example), simply add the appropriate unit and tile on top of the level above the grass along the coordinates. Thus, the grass will not be drawn in a loop, but as one picture, which will save memory resources and drawing of ceil will be faster.

- THE BIG NAILS PROBLEM. As you know game freezes when you try to move 1000 nails from bag to bag.
  SOLUTION: I am sure the every nail made like one independent entity. For fixing that I propose to make nails in general like one entity with counter. And when we move nails to another bag, we need to move one entity , not 1000 entities and just change the counter and show this number near right of entity in inventory or bag. That is , if you have more equal one nail inventory or bag and you try get more , you just change counter and not move entity to inventory. If you not have nails you just move one nail entity and change counter in bag. This solution you can use for another quantitative things.

This topic will be update if I have new idea for optimization.

Edited by Nazarito22

Don't you think that the developers of this game can have much more experience than yours several times over? Forgive me for being straightforward, nothing personal, but in my opinion, you have a little overstated self-esteem. This shows up in most of your posts.

14 hours ago, Nebula said:

Don't you think that the developers of this game can have much more experience than yours several times over? Forgive me for being straightforward, nothing personal, but in my opinion, you have a little overstated self-esteem. This shows up in most of your posts.

You may have years of experience but not notice the usual things under your nose. Because developers are people too, and they may not notice or see something, and so on. They sit at the code every day and have a million thoughts in their heads. Of course, some ideas can be easily forgotten or simply not reached in thoughts. That's why this topic exists - for proposals. We are here suggesting and discussing to make the game better. If something is written here, this does not mean that it should be done immediately. The developers have their own plans and their own vision of further development.

I think you talk too much - you reject everything, but you do not offer anything. If you have nothing to offer, then you better shut up. And if the developers do not like what I offer or do not like me personally, then let me be banned. But this is definitely not for you to judge.