IWBUMS 41.44

nasKo

zeeplock.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, zomboys and zombettes – we just released a big update to the IWBUMS public beta today.

IWBUMS BETA 41.44

The changelist for 41.44 is here.

The tldr for the changelist, amongst all the fixes and balance, is:

• A new fitness system from RJ – containing burpees, sit-ups, squats and the like. Regular exercise will see boosts to your fitness stats.
  • Some decent optimization that should make built-up areas like West Point a little more free-flowing in terms of fps.
  • Polished movement animations, seated animations while performing timed actions, anims for equipping and unequipping items and various others.
  • A range of combat fixes, primarily dealing with the thorny issue of the game choosing a zed that’s down on the floor or an approaching zed as your target.
  • Polish and tidy-up for: the water and drinking system, zombie target outlines, traps, incorrect loot spawns, the cutaway system and general UI stuff.
  • Recently grown saplings now less powerful.
  • Ability to chug mayonnaise from the jar now mercifully included.
barbell-1.gif

MP STRIKE FORCE

Here’s a quick video to showcase some of Yuri and Andrei’s work since last Thursday.

Andrei has been working on the sync of climbing through windows, and is currently looking at climbing sheet-ropes / falling and other things on a more vertical axis.

Yuri, meanwhile, is working on combat again. He has fixed up variations on zed speed – and is now looking at general movement, some odd variations in damage that zeds give/receive, and also issues with zeds who have reanimated from player corpses.

NU-FOG

The other coder side project we thought we would bring into the beta while MP work continues, alongside fitness, are Turbo’s fog improvements.

They are currently looking like what you can see in the vid below. We need to optimize and be sure that they don’t have an undue toll on performance (though they should be fine) but you’ll be able to switch back to our current fog easy enough if you have a lower spec machine.

This week’s despondent waiting area from zeepl0ck. A changelist of all IWBUMS patches since the 41 beta was released can be found here. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send you update notifications once builds get released. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!

Yes! Really been waiting for this one, nice round of fixes and additions there.

Quick feedback:

An upper limit for how much pain you may experience due to exercise would be good.

I don't think sleepless Agony should be the proper result of a day's worth of exercise.

Sleep even after arduous exercise comes super easy.

Edited by Zork

The fog looks awesome but I think during heavy fog there should be a very thin layer over everything, including the roofs and second stories of buildings. It kind of looks supernatural this way :)

3 hours ago, Zork said:

An upper limit for how much pain you may experience due to exercise would be good.

I don't think sleepless Agony should be the proper result of a day's worth of exercise.

Sleep even after arduous exercise comes super easy.

Once you're used to it, sure. If you just started out It's definitely possible to have ungodly muscle soreness, although might not as bad as serious wounds or broken bones I guess..

Anyone else liking the creepy look of the new fog improvements? Also, thank you to the devs for their continual dedication and work on PZ! I get that there's some of us in the community that want MP and NPCs right now, but I still believe it's worth letting the devs take the time they need for implementation, bug fixes, QoL improvements, etc...

Don't rush greatness and for goodness sake's anyone reading this: don't rush the devs on finishing everything promised for PZ 1.0.

• 3 weeks later...