Deadly saplings B41

Geras

I agree that the amount of clothes shredding that happens is excessive. I don't think it should not happen at all, but something along those lines:

Ranger gear, denim wear, jeans, jackets, woodsman shirts, hoodies, footwear and all items considered more sturdy should not take damage from moving through underbrush.

Dresses, skirts, tank tops, t-shirts, regular shorts, regular pants and all less sturdy items should still take damage, but less often than they do currently and tweaked to happen mostly when sprinting or when panic level is high. (this may already be the case, idk)

The scratch injuries I mind much less than the loss of clothes durability. Harmless scratches are a great way to train first aid.

Edited by Zork

@Zorkthe thing is if you scratch your arm you basically can't fight, as your damage and swing speed are terrible. If you don't stop the bleeding, you die. If you scratch you leg, you slow down and limp (which is death with sprinters).

I like your idea of adding clothing resistance tiers, though, but I'd extend it to trees as well.

Edited by Geras

Ah, I wasn't aware it had this much of an impact. Maybe we need another tier of damage here. A zombie scratch does bleed and is probably flesh deep, like being cut by a 5mm blade. A scratch on a branch is more like a bruise in that regard.

Overall, right now it feels like tree scratches happen just a little too often, but they always tear holes in clothing which is annoying. Clothes are abundant, and tailor skill can see some use, so it's not strictly a bad thing.

Important to me would be a way for the player to make sure he doesn't get scratched when moving through thick forests. By not running for example. The clothing tiers and the scratch tiers are fun ideas, but they are like icing on the cake to me.