41.43 Damaged Vehicle trunk capacity changes after first visit

eldergamer

What I mean by that is often when I find a vehicle that is damage. Let's say the trunk is at 12 percent condition and the capacity says 80 and I've temporally placed items weighing 50 in the trunk. When I return to retrieve the items the trunk might change to 32 capacity. Now it's says 50 of 32 so the weight of my items in the trunk now exceed the maximum capacity of the trunk.

I know it sounds strange but it happen all the time.

Eldergamer

12 hours ago, Pandorea said:

This happens to all vehicles at any condition when the trunk gets damaged while it is filled with sweet loot. 

Nope, he talks about visual bug that shows co0mpletely destroyed car's trunk as fully repaired and full capacity,meanwhile within some time it turns back to its normal conditions without any damage being done to the said car.

So  you can walk to some random car, witness the 80 cap trunk, leave it, return later and see normal 32 cap trunk.

Thanks for responding Caturday and Yes... That's exactly it. I'm not sure what you mean by visual bug. If you mean that it's just an illusion then I'd have to disagree because it's functional. What I mean is when it says it has 80 capacity I could put 80's worth of items in it. If it was just a visual artifact that was reporting 80 but only capable of taking 32's worth of items then it would just stop at 32.

Eldergamer

• 1 year later...

Searching for this issue got me here.

Some events that change the trunk's condition don't update its capacity. Zombies damaging the trunk (as you can see in the screenshot: 0% condition but 130 capacity) or using the cheat menu do change its condition but won't affect its capacity. Meanwhile hitting zombies or static objects with the car or reloading the save will update its capacity.

Tested in 41.68

Screenshot_zomboid.jpg

8 hours ago, m4v said:

Searching for this issue got me here.

Some events that change the trunk's condition don't update its capacity. Zombies damaging the trunk (as you can see in the screenshot: 0% condition but 130 capacity) or using the cheat menu do change its condition but won't affect its capacity. Meanwhile hitting zombies or static objects with the car or reloading the save will update its capacity.

Tested in 41.68

Screenshot_zomboid.jpg

Not sure I understand this correctly: the screenshot shows the capacity as 1.2 out of 130? Meaning that the current capacity is 1.2 so it works as expected?

7 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Not sure I understand this correctly: the screenshot shows the capacity as 1.2 out of 130? Meaning that the current capacity is 1.2 so it works as expected?

no no. The readout is <space used>/<total space> so the 1.2 is for stuff already in the trunk and 130 is the current capacity of the trunk. You could use all that space until some event adjusts the capacity to match its condition.