Attacking when moving backwards

Sanctus

Sometimes when attacking with a spear or some other weapons while moving backwards the character will stop moving completely to make an attack and while unable to move or cancel the animation the horde will surround and kill you. My suggestion is to never play an animation that stops the character when moving backwards, it doesn't make sense for me to stop backpedaling when I am in danger.  In return the damage you deal while moving backwards should be significantly reduced since there is no solid footing or balance to the swing. That way we won't be caught in situations that feel unfair, but we still won't be able to kite so easily.

I like this suggestion. I can understand this to happen with knives, but with a long range weapon like a spear you should be able to control (what you're suggesting would be perfect) when you want your character to stop moving to do such thing instead of randomly risking death because of it...

Does it happen with other weapons ? There used to be a bug with one-handed weapons that would make you stop as well sometimes, but now I don't think that any other weapon (except knives if you're too close) have this issue.

Edited by Zaidah

1 hour ago, Zaidah said:

I like this suggestion. I can understand this to happen with knives, but with a long range weapon like a spear you should be able to control (what you're suggesting would be perfect) when you want your character to stop moving to do such thing instead of randomly risking death because of it...

Does it happen with other weapons ? There used to be a bug with one-handed weapons that would make you stop as well sometimes, but now I don't think that any other weapon (except knives if you're too close) have this issue.

I've had it happen with crowbars a little bit but it's not as bad there.  Spears are the largest issue because they make it hard to justify using your precious back slot to hold one when it carries so much risk.

Edited by Sanctus