Starting Locations

DeMante

Okay, so this is a little bit of a weird bug that started a few patches ago in the 41 build.  I was messing around in the debug mode trying to figure out how to uninfect my character (yeah I know, cheating).  My character ended up dying a few game days later and that is when I noticed that all the extra starting locations from Pillows random spawns to the addon maps like Bedford Falls.  At first I thought it was an update to the beta but people doing the One Painful Year challenge didn't seem to be having the problem.  I tried disabling all mods and only use Pillows and it still didn't work. 

At the same time, I had a second computer (tablet) that I was transfering the game between.  On the second computer I was having the same problems, but after messing around in debug, it seemed to fix itself on that PC.  However, on my main computer, debug or not, I am not able to get the spawn locations to work.

Things I've tried:

* going into debug mode and messing around with the same settings

* using steams "verify integrity of game files"

* uninstalling and reinstalling the game (multiple times)

* uninstalling and deleting any file, mod, or registry reference that I could find to the game

I'm not sure what else to try, any suggestions?

Looks like someone had similar problem and brought it up on mod's page in Steam Workshop. Here's a (copy > paste) of proposed solution: 

Well... I have found the solution. As I suspected from the console file the game is looking for the spawnpoints.lua in the wrong folder. If you move the maps folders from the steam workshop to the PZ game folder they work. So move the folders from "SteamLibrary\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\1911132112\mods\Pillows Many Spawns - By Location\media\maps"
to "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps"

Hope this helps :)

2 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Looks like someone had similar problem and brought it up on mod's page in Steam Workshop. Here's a (copy > paste) of proposed solution: 

Well... I have found the solution. As I suspected from the console file the game is looking for the spawnpoints.lua in the wrong folder. If you move the maps folders from the steam workshop to the PZ game folder they work. So move the folders from "SteamLibrary\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\1911132112\mods\Pillows Many Spawns - By Location\media\maps"

Thanks!  I'll try it when I get home and reply later!

13 hours ago, Pandorea said:

This works as a great workaround!  I'm able to play again, thanks!  (well, more like die again)

However, it is a little annoying if I want to try out a different map pack and spawn in that map.  I hope that Indie Stone can do a proper fix for this, though I imagine that it's not high on their priority list and it probably shouldn't be.