Zombie Grab/Grapple

vae_victis

Zombies are able to grab or engage a player from what appears to be a further than normal range.  I haven't noticed any obvious triggers for the behavior.  However, I'm encountering this issue on a fairly regular basis when killing zombies vigorously (70-100 zombies / in-game day).  I've included a clip below that might help understand the visual.  If you can get past my lamentations, watch the zombie with the teal leggings.  Around the 16 second mark, it engages the character with what looks like a tile of distance between the two.

https://www.twitch.tv/vae___victis/clip/SpookyInquisitiveHamsterOptimizePrime

If I can provide any other information that would help, please let me know.

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Does it happen only when kiting groups?

That's definitely when I notice it most; can't say it's the only time it occurs with confidence.  I can go look at some vods to see if anything stands out. 

Just going from memory, there are a couple things I've noticed when this occurs: I'm predominately using short blades, I've already interacted with the zombie (stabbed/pushed), and it's most noticeable when backpedaling or kiting.

EDIT:  Happens with as few as 4-5 zombies.  Hard to see what might trigger the change in grabbing behavior; i.e, whether it's the zombie being stabbed or forced backwards into another zombie via push/hit/stab.  Whatever the cause is, it seems like the event switches that particular zombie's behavior/visual and they will continue to attempt "long grabs" when possible.

Edited by vae_victis
elaborate