Game hangs when the clock moves forward to the next 10 minute period.

Casual_Survivor

To recreate this, you'll need a watch or some other way to determine in-game time.  What happens is that the game will hang momentarily every time the clock is transitioning into the next 10 minute window.  As an example, imagine I'm just walking around at 12:30 and suddenly the game hangs for a moment; as soon as I'm able to resume control, the clock will now read 12:40.  I'm guessing there is some internal operation happening every 10 in-game minutes that is causing this hang.  This isn't something I've noticed on previous iterations of build 41 but in fairness, I've been away from the game for the last couple of months, so I can't offer a specific patch that started this problem.

I'll be glad to offer any help I can.

How long does it take for you do regain control of your character? Sounds like more than a microstutter. Are you sure this is related to the time and not, for example, the amount of zombies nearby? My system is taking serious hits when around hotspots like the prison or military area (RIP Nr. 1) which is similar to what you are describing, effectively pausing my game for up to a second for every 5-10 seconds.

1 hour ago, -MaVerick- said:

How long does it take for you do regain control of your character? Sounds like more than a microstutter. Are you sure this is related to the time and not, for example, the amount of zombies nearby? My system is taking serious hits when around hotspots like the prison or military area (RIP Nr. 1) which is similar to what you are describing, effectively pausing my game for up to a second for every 5-10 seconds.

The hang generally lasts about 1.5 seconds, but sometimes might be just a hair longer than that.  I'm as positive as I can be that it's directly related to the time changes, because if I speed up time, the hangs will also speed up in line with the time changes.  To be clear, it happens directly before the time changes, not some random time before or after, but always directly before it.  This issue happens regardless of where I am.  My base is the farm house on the very bottom right of the map, so there is no issue with zombies as I've only ever encountered two in the 24 days I've been there.  If you checked the link to my location, you'll see it is incredibly remote and zombie populations there are incredibly sparse by default, and I've cleared most of them out.  That said, even when there are tons of zombies on screen, the hangs still happen consistently, not more, not less.  The game generally runs smooth and only succumbs to stuttering when I'm fully zoomed out.  Outside of these hangs, performance has been fine.

Edited by Casual_Survivor
Added some more detail.

• 8 months later...

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?  I'm having the same thing happen to me, on both my desktop and laptop.  Bizarre.

Update: I saw on another thread to add PZ as an exception in your antivirus, which I did and it worked!  Thread: 

Edited by drive344
Update with solution