Pitch black days v41

-MaVerick-

Hello community,

while I quite enjoy some moody light effects when the weather isn't good, but this...

AE1DB68EFC562D1A94DAEFC72D49F1D0E2A9EC8A

...this is a bit over the top. Correct me if some days are really THAT dark in america, but this is bug territory dark for me. Even my lights can't penetrate this sheer darkness.

Playing vanilla sandbox, only have tinkered with zombie related stuff afaik.

Edited by -MaVerick-

For comparison, this is what my base looks like on normal days.

D9C5692FE63863CB85BE41FF580E042996621DA2

I am more or less standing on the same spot on both screenshots. As you can see, its not like that every day, but on some days. Even if thats supposed to be storm weather, not even a flashlight would have helped me there.

heh...city folk...i used to live in a spot where on moonless nights when i came home after work and i didn't leave my headlights on, i wouldn't be able to see my hand in front of my face as i tried to find my front door; and in a place like that during a heavy downpoor (rain), even with a flashlight you wouldn't be able to see but a few feet in front of you; i'm not sure if the weather/lighting system is working perfectly but also realize that light reflects a LOT better off of snow; you could be in the middle of nowhere with snow covered ground with a full moon in the middle of the night and it would be super bright out.  the only problem i've seen is when it's supposed to be super dark, or could be the dense fog effect in the middle of the night where the screen is all white and you can actually see better than if the fog wasn't there; lately i've been running the infinite fog + infinite snow + very cold and very rainy xD...and i have the power and water go out instantly; it's pretty nuts but is a lot more immersive and intense

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, Artfu1D0dger said:

heh...city folk...i used to live in a spot where on moonless nights when i came home after work and i didn't leave my headlights on, i wouldn't be able to see my hand in front of my face as i tried to find my front door; and in a place like that during a heavy downpoor (rain), even with a flashlight you wouldn't be able to see but a few feet in front of you; i'm not sure if the weather/lighting system is working perfectly but also realize that light reflects a LOT better off of snow; you could be in the middle of nowhere with snow covered ground with a full moon in the middle of the night and it would be super bright out.  the only problem i've seen is when it's supposed to be super dark, or could be the dense fog effect in the middle of the night where the screen is all white and you can actually see better than if the fog wasn't there; lately i've been running the infinite fog + infinite snow + very cold and very rainy xD...and i have the power and water go out instantly; it's pretty nuts but is a lot more immersive and intense

If you notice the title of the thread and the time in the first screenshot, these are pitch-black instances during /daytime/.

I'm having the same issue during daytime rain/thunderstorms.