BETA BRANCH RELEASED- Steam Version

RobertJohnson

java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:510)
at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1168)
at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:729)
at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.convertchunks(WorldConverter.java:181)
at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.convert(WorldConverter.java:80)
at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.convert(WorldConverter.java:50)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:843)
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:145)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Please help  :(

Take it that's from converting the save?

If so, go to the support section and you'll see a sticky about saves. It'll request you send it to the devs.

In the meantime, though . . . There's not much to do.

I sent it to the devs some weeks ago  :mellow:

WELL, I'VE JUST PLAYED THIS NEW BUILD (0014 IS THAT RIGHT?), FOR ME IT'S ONLY GETTING BETTER AND BETTER, IT CONVERTED MY SAVE FILE IT HAD A FEW MISTAKES BUT NOTHING BAD, I STARTED WITH SOME OF THE WALL I BUILT ALREADY BUILT, AND ALL MY NAILS I HAD SINCE THE START,  AND MY AXE DOUNBLED, ANYWAYS NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT LOL :D ... YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!! I REALLY LIKE THE BOX FEATURE, THE GAME ITSELF IS WORKING ON MY MACHINE WITH NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, HAD 2 CRASHES BUT NOTHING THAT RUINED MY GAME.I RUN AT ABOUT 20 FPS AND IT'S NOT THAT SLOW STILL VERY WELL PLAYABLE AND MY MACHINE IS NOT A VERY GOOD OR NEW ONE.

KEEP THE AWESOME WORK, I ONLY WANNA PLAY THIS GAME EVEN MORE EVERYTIME THERE'S AN UPDATE!! THANK YOU INDIE STONE! HERE'S SOME POSITIVE FEEDBACK YOU GUYS DESERVE!

@Cl0nec0mmand0

Ive only had a little time to test it, but it seems like mods that i have that DONT have the   id=   command set to them give out that console error while loading up. While looking at the loaded.txt file, if the id= isnt set it, when you add mods now it will put in the file path to the mod, while with the id set it will put up whatever the id is set to.  Apears the modloader was changed some?  When things settle down more at my house here ill test some more.

Trying to track down why my game loads up 50% of the time or crashes when loading up in compatabilty mode even with 0 mods and a virgin install of pz 00014.  Few tests ive done have no ryme or reason as to why its crashing on start up just after the screen that says about fps and shit.

New recipes : Box of things, explaination : You can now find box of nails (you also have screws, bullets...), right click on it and select "open" will give you 100 nails AND if you have 100 nails, you can also right click on it and "put in a box" to move them around easily.

Awesome!  I was thinking the game needed something like this.

Ok, something else i noticed with the 0014 build for mods, asides from a mod needing the "id=(name)" in it is that even if the mod isnt selected as being loaded, it still needs the reference in the mod.info file or it will still crash PZ while loading up.

At least this is how it is working with me on the  17(0014) branch.

EDIT: opps, 17, not 12. doh

Is it possible to find the new loot in an world I started before this version?

interesting question... If i might add: if i have looted the warehouse in front of the sea horse coffee shop (or what its called) already, will there be a chance for new loot in it with this update?

edit: /vader NOOOOOOEEEEEEE /vaderend

Too bad i already looted almost all the boxes in West point. and im getting out of nails, there arent a lot of nails in west point is there? i found like 100 so far with like i said, what i think is all the boxes.
Guessing the boxes of nails will change that?

INSANE performance boost so far, my pc is quite decent (i5 3470, 16gig ram, 7850 with 2gb ram) and running 2 monitors, i always was between 20-30 fps no matter what options i took (it was playable, but sudden outbursts of fps sometimes made combat difficult) now so far it runs @45 fps almost all the time. me happy, me thinks dev did work good. haha

Holy wow! The FPS is gotten great, for me atleast. In West Point it was dwindling in the 10-15 range with occasional boosts when zoomed all the way in but now I'm getting a solid 30 indoors and 20-25 outside in West Point. Also I noticed that the click registering when choosing multiple items with shift has gotten better for me.

Good work guys!

here are my specs for reference:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
RAM:4G
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640

I just got the beta build working and right away I can tell there is a HUGE performance boost. The game is way smoother. Previously when my character walked it seemed like he was moving painfully slow, but now everything is much quicker with less stuttering.

I had a minor problem in that after my save converted and loaded, all I could see was a black screen but I could hear sound effects, see my inventory, character window, etc.

I loaded in safe mode which fixed the problem, and then saving in safe mode and loading the save again in non-safe mode fixed the problem.

I am running the game with fps locked to 30, lighting set to low, and resolution 1280x960. Here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120824-0336)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: GA-MA790FX-DS5
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 8190MB RAM
          Page File: 4921MB used, 11685MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: None
     DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
     Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
        Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x950F)
         DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_950F&SUBSYS_25421002&REV_00
   Display Memory: 3563 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 1008 MB
    Shared Memory: 2555 MB
     Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I still get "black screen but UI visible bug" when i try to play normal,but fps boost when playing in safe mode is amazing!And scary,i get accustomed to slow motion zombies :D.

Hahaha.

I had the "black screen but UI visible" thing at first, but loading in safe mode, saving the game, and then switching back fixed my problem. Give that a shot. Safe mode is good and all but I love being able to zoom in and out.

Hahaha.

I had the "black screen but UI visible" thing at first, but loading in safe mode, saving the game, and then switching back fixed my problem. Give that a shot. Safe mode is good and all but I love being able to zoom in and out.

It didn't worked for me.And i got scratched,when i was running around in that fekin darkness :(

Bug: changing resolutions while in-game seems to cause the application to stop responding. Tested this twice. Work-around: only change resolution on title screen.

I got myself into a little pickle by doing this when I switched it to 1280x800, because the game crashed, and then when I loaded it back up the options button wasn't visible on screen so I couldn't click it. I was able to manually change the resolution back to 1280x960 in the options.ini file. Seems weird that 1280x800 leaves some buttons off screen and a black bar on the right side of the screen, since 1280x800 matches the aspect ratio of my 1680x1050 monitor.

I tested performance in the recommended resolution of 1280x720 but I didn't notice a difference, so I'm switching back to 1280x960.

I'll post this in the bug forum as well, which is probably where it actually belongs.