BETA BRANCH RELEASED- Steam Version

RobertJohnson

So this may fix the reason I have been unable to play the game due to the slow-mo??

I don't know, because I have it now. Probably best we let them finish the update.

Ah I'm sorry... Well I'm going to go test it now.

EDIT: Okay it's not as bad, still kinda slow-mo. Can't wait till Christmas, New Processor etc!

You can harvest seeds with your plants already :)

About the reload/bullets, Ima take a look, thanks :)

Also, I changed the title for "UPCOMING - Steam Version" for now, I'll add the version when it's released, it'll be ok because we only have 1 upcoming version at a time :)

Ty for the answer , didnt notice that sry . One more thing...about the future mp, we will be able to create a game to others join it or will need to connect to ur server to play? sry for my english again :)

You can harvest seeds with your plants already :)

About the reload/bullets, Ima take a look, thanks :)

Also, I changed the title for "UPCOMING - Steam Version" for now, I'll add the version when it's released, it'll be ok because we only have 1 upcoming version at a time :)

Ty for the answer , didnt notice that sry . One more thing...about the future mp, we will be able to create a game to others join it or will need to connect to ur server to play? sry for my english again :)

Multiplayer is slated for a future build, best discussed over in Suggestions :)

Aw nothing about the crashes, black screens or likely memory leak? :(

I have to agree here. It's a bit disheartening to see the lack of optimisations in this update,

or any information about it, anywhere. But keep up the good work. I'm in for the long haul. 

It's already fixed by Chris on the open beta, gonna update this thread with his stuff.

processor = DualCore Intel Pentium E6500, 2933 MHz

ram = 4gb

video card = Zotac GeForce 9600 GT (512 Mb, GDDR3 256 bit)

drivers= all latest

os & programs = windows 7 x64, java 64-bit, project zomboid 64-bit  17 (0012a)

black screen problem still exists :( safe mode works but laggy and slow. hope it will be fixed in 0012.

If you harvest your plants as soon as they turn "harvestable" you get no seeds.

Give them another day or two and they'll go "seeding".  That's their last growing phase, and when you get veggies AND seeds from them.

At least that's my understanding from reading other people's experiences. 

I have a black thumb and every plant I touch dies... but I persevere in the hope that someday I'll figure out how to keep something alive until it has eatable food on it. ;)

• New recipes : Box of things, explaination : You can now find box of nails (you also have screws, bullets...), right click on it and select "open" will give you 100 nails AND if you have 100 nails, you can also right click on it and "put in a box" to move them around easily.

wau :)

and it would be possible to use nails directly from box? or i have to take them out?

• New recipes : Box of things, explaination : You can now find box of nails (you also have screws, bullets...), right click on it and select "open" will give you 100 nails AND if you have 100 nails, you can also right click on it and "put in a box" to move them around easily.

That sounds awesome , but i think you have to change the weight for nails for that ! Nails weight currently 0.1 , that means about 100 nails would weight 10 (kg i think) thats way to much , especially in contrast to the other items. 0.01 would be a bit more realistic in my opinion , i mean 100 nails in a bag are nothing to carry, in contrast to like 3-4 shotguns that would weight the same ... do you plan to change that ( the weight of nails) ?

That sounds awesome , but i think you have to change the weight for nails for that ! Nails weight currently 0.1 , that means about 100 nails would weight 10 (kg i think) thats way to much , especially in contrast to the other items. 0.01 would be a bit more realistic in my opinion , i mean 100 nails in a bag are nothing to carry, in contrast to like 3-4 shotguns that would weight the same ... do you plan to change that ( the weight of nails) ?

Idk yet, we'll see, but now with the Nails box it's gonna be ok I think (they weight something like 0.3, pretty good for 100 nails, isn't it ?).

I'm sorry but for now you'll have to extract them from the box before using them, maybe after some bug smashing I'll add the Nails box as drainable and use it for nails thingy, but it'll demand a bunch of change in the code so... yeah, "soon" :P

Idk yet, we'll see, but now with the Nails box it's gonna be ok I think (they weight something like 0.3, pretty good for 100 nails, isn't it ?).

I'm sorry but for now you'll have to extract them from the box before using them, maybe after some bug smashing I'll add the Nails box as drainable and use it for nails thingy, but it'll demand a bunch of change in the code so... yeah, "soon" :P

So 1 nail 0.1 and 100 nails 0.3 ? :D haha , sounds awesome

Okay, bold move... but I'll suggest something here instead of making a thread about it... sorry in advance!

How about we get the option to turn on a oven or a microwave also via rightclick on the sprite in the inventory/loot menu... would make cooking and looting way easier IMO

I sometimes have a hard time to get the right-click option of the ovens