BETA BRANCH RELEASED- Steam Version

RobertJohnson

Hello guys,

Change list :

[bUG FIX]

• The weak trait will now reduce your max capacity.
  • Fixed the weird lighting in the church.
  • Fixed the brown wooden stairs textures in carpentry menu.
  • Fixed some bugged walls (where you could loot through them).
  • Craft food from rotten ingredients will give you a rotten food as result.
  • Now save the unhappy and boredom level.
  • The Anti-depressants now reduce the unhappyness (effect is not immediate, it take some times).
  • Fixed lighting issues / holes in world draw errors.
  • If you click outside the delete save modal dialog in the world selector, it'll disapear.
  • Fixed the fire saving/load bug.
  • Fixed a bucket/garden spray can duplication bug.

[PERFORMANCE]

• Fixed memory leak causing OOSs on some systems.
  • Performance changes / improvements (no promises, including the demo, with the numbers we're talking chances are it'll take a few to get most of them sorted).
  • Tweaked the camping code to make it much more efficient.

[NEW STUFF]

• Added inventory icon for berries bush.
  • Added various tooltip (pills, ...), to help the new players.
  • New items ! (include lovely spiffo burger by our cutie pie Mash !).
  • New recipes : Box of things, explaination : You can now find box of nails (you also have screws, bullets...), right click on it and select "open" will give you 100 nails AND if you have 100 nails, you can also right click on it and "put in a box" to move them around easily.

[bALANCE]

• When you make an item, we set the condition of the result item with an average of the used items condition, and not just the lowest condition.
  • Tweaked the number of berries in a bush.
  • You'll now have much more chance to find stuff (including axes and hammer) in the West Point toolstore (in front of the sea horse coffee).
  • Time to start a fire in a oven increased.
  • Tweaked a bit the fire spreading (it spread more... "The roof is on fire, we don't need no water let the..." Erm.)

[MODDERS]

• Now load "Item_...png" instead of "item_...png" in the mod loader.
  • The mod directory can now be different of the mod ID for the mod loader.
  • New event : "OnFillContainer" // Every time we fill a new container with item, param : room name, container type name, the container just filled.
  • New event : OnChangeWeather // Every time we change the weather, triggered in lua, param : the new weather (string).

[TRANSLATIONS]

Any chance on implementing the drunk status? I imagine a lot of users (especially new users) trying out the liquor they find in kitchens and cabinets...

Edit: my survivor never got drunk... maybe I'm not doing it right ^^

what would this add to gameplay right now? i think adding the drunk status is not vital right now - there are many other things that need fixes/work

Any chance on implementing the drunk status? I imagine a lot of users (especially new users) trying out the liquor they find in kitchens and cabinets...

Edit: my survivor never got drunk... maybe I'm not doing it right ^^

what would this add to gameplay right now? i think adding the drunk status is not vital right now - there are many other things that need fixes/work

I'm not saying it is vital for the gameplay... but I just figured that lots of new players might think "ooh lets see what getting hammered does". and it does nothing, meh. its not like I need this implemented just meow, but it would be good for a laugh.

in the wiki there is the moddle drunk with an explanation, yet you cant get drunk. lots of new players will check out the wiki and maybe wonder.

but no biggie, the drunk status is low priority

• Craft food from rotten ingredients will give you a rotten food as result.

I can't agree with this decision...not completely.

Sometimes rotten food gives back something commestible..may be not good as healthy cooked food...

Anyway is just an idea of mine...nothing more.

So I'll take this space to say again a thanks to devs for this great game and for their continuos job 

Aw nothing about the crashes, black screens or likely memory leak? :(

I have to agree here. It's a bit disheartening to see the lack of optimisations in this update,

or any information about it, anywhere. But keep up the good work. I'm in for the long haul. 

Aw nothing about the crashes, black screens or likely memory leak? :(

I have to agree here. It's a bit disheartening to see the lack of optimisations in this update,

or any information about it, anywhere. But keep up the good work. I'm in for the long haul. 

It's already fixed by Chris on the open beta, gonna update this thread with his stuff.

It's already fixed by Chris on the open beta, gonna update this thread with his stuff.

Wait, lets take this from the beginning. The open beta, that's the Steam beta right?

And have they already fixed the problem, and also, already released a hotfix for

this (on the Steam-version)?

And what was the problem exactly?

Can we please be allowed to saw logs while they're lying the ground (not in containers) ?

That's a good suggest, will look if I can add it between 2 bugs fix :)

Wait, lets take this from the beginning. The open beta, that's the Steam beta right?

And have they already fixed the problem, and also, already released a hotfix for

Right-click on PZ in Steam -> properties -> Beta tab -> Select open beta in the list.

Can we please be allowed to saw logs while they're lying the ground (not in containers) ?

That's a good suggest, will look if I can add it between 2 bugs fix :)

Right-click on PZ in Steam -> properties -> Beta tab -> Select open beta in the list.

Ok, let's take this even further back, to the beginning of time itself. ;)

You see, because of the frame rate problem I'm now playing with a modified bat-file, and thus

can't play PZ through Steam. And because I don't use Steam I don't receive any updates. I

have to manually go to Steam and update when a new update is out - and this thread says

"upcoming" (and not "released") so I figured this was an upcoming update for the future.

Hope you see where this is going now? *lol*

I know how to enter the beta part on Steam. But you used the word "open beta" and I didn't

know if those two were connected. This game have so many numbers, updates, patches,

versions, fixes, builds... it's hard to keep track of the current lingo.

So here I am, playing PZ build 17.0011 and have no idea things have already been updated.

So, here we are. If the FPS-problem have been fixed(?), can I now stop using the bat-file-fix and

instead go back to using Steam (and there will be no more stuttering and horrible FPS)?

And what was the problem that you guys fixed?