Extra trait for Lumberjack intended?

-MaVerick-

Hello my dearest soon-to-be-zombie-food-friends,

as my former Burglar char sadly died because of a sudden house alarm followed by a helicopter and a horde, I started over again. This time as Lumberjack. After my overweight, smoking but fast reading and fast learning character has seen the light of day, I noticed that I got another free positive trait, which I surely didn't select beforehand - Stout.

My wild guess would be because the Lumberjack gets a +1 on strenght he also gets Stout. If thats the case, its a free 6 points trait and a little bit imbalanced if you ask me. The extra weight capacity surely comes in handy.

Can someone share some light on this for me? I'm not sure if thats intendet or I just stumbled over a bug.

Not that I am aware of. But he is gone for good, somewhere at the darn shooting range.

I tested this again...because of reasons...and picked exactly the same traits with a Jumberjack again. Stout is back.

Edit: I can also pick Stout as a trait if I want to, didn't test this though.

Lumberjacks get a +1 to strength, and if your character's total strength is above level five they're considered stout and get the trait. Fire Officers get the same thing along with a +1 to fitness, which gives them fit and stout traits if there are no other traits that modify fitness and strength.

1 minute ago, -MaVerick- said:

Thank you, I suspected as much. Here, have a pie.

That brings me to more questions, as of why I can still pick up that trait in the menu, wasting 6 points for something I get automaticly on an else points neutral character.

Be happy to answer that question as best I can! The reason for picking stout again would be so you can get yet another +2 to strength. So if you have a lumberjack and you take stout, you will get the +1 from the occupation, and also the +2 from the trait. That'll bump up a default strength character to level 8 strength, increasing your melee damage and carry weight even more.

Taking the question a step further, if you take strong as a Lumberjack you will get maximum strength at level 10, which gives you the highest melee damage and carry weight possible in the game.

Archived