Game will not start no matter what I do!!!

zomboider77

Question

Hi,

Just this morning I purchased Project Zomboid via G2A for steam, however i'm having issues getting it to start. Upon attempting to launch the game it simply runs  the CMD prompt screen for a few seconds, clearly attempting to boot the game, however it then crashes and the game goes back to being closed. I have tried every fix already available to me on forums, made sure graphics drivers are in date, entering 'netsh winsock reset' to unlock any locked files (as this was displaying as an issue at one point), uninstalliing and then reinstalling the game, disabling my antivirus, putting it in the 'IWBUMS' Beta etc. Nothing so far has worked and i'm clutching at straws here as I desperately want to give the game a try. I've checked and my laptop more than meets the specs to run the game, if anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated. It seems like a fairy common issue so hopefully someone has overcome the same issue. 

The link to the code that runs upon trying to start the game is here- https://pastebin.com/VBHeyyDG

Thanks in advance for any help :)

1 answer to this question

Archived