Sleeping bags

Cap1139

Well i do agree with this, but i believe this would just cause players to go into the far woods and place a sleeping bag and sleep, all you will have to do is bring farm supplies,

Of course you can already do this but a tent is freaking hard to get, not to include making a camp fire which is also very rare,

Being capable of making a sleeping bag in the first house you are spawned inside of is just a little overpowered

Well i do agree with this, but i believe this would just cause players to go into the far woods and place a sleeping bag and sleep, all you will have to do is bring farm supplies,

Of course you can already do this but a tent is freaking hard to get, not to include making a camp fire which is also very rare,

Being capable of making a sleeping bag in the first house you are spawned inside of is just a little overpowered

Not if the quality of the sleep was reduced. RoboMat is working on something that will make allow more ways of sleeping, but some ways are preferable to others.

Sleeping bag would be good for quick comfort at night, but it wouldn't be useful if you're in a safehouse with a good bed and it wouldn't be as good an option if you've got a tent. Though I suppose you could use the sleeping bag WITH a tent for increased comfort overall.

Well i do agree with this, but i believe this would just cause players to go into the far woods and place a sleeping bag and sleep, all you will have to do is bring farm supplies

... and I say let them do it if they want to. There shouldn't be a correct way to play the game. Besides, when the SadisticAiDirector will be fully implemented even camping in the woods won't save you ;)

I know there are already tents but wouldnt it be cool if you could use a pillow and sheets to craft a sleeping bag? Maybe in the winter months it would keep ya warm at night when you sleep.

I like the idea and I might include it in my sleeping overhaul. But I wouldn't make it craftable but instead a rare item. It could be placed on the ground and then would work quite similar to all the other sleeping objects. I will definitely look into it - no promises though! ;)

Though I suppose you could use the sleeping bag WITH a tent for increased comfort overall.

It should definitely be "stackable" for warmth and comfort. Nowadays I'm often sleeping in tent, inside a small, enclosed room, inside a warehouse, fully clothed... and I still get cold sometimes :cry:

A sleeping bag would undoubtedly be rough to spend a night in just rolled out on the ground, but it would improve the bedding in almost every situation.

As for the quality of sleep, that could vary. I remember not long ago sleeping in anything other than a proper bed came with a penalty. Rests were automatically shorter and less effective. Maybe that could come back (although it was annoying at times).

Hey thanks to all for responding and your opinions, it was just a little idea of mine. Anyway, just thought it would be cool to add a sleeping bag to the camping aspect of the game. This game is great and we all want more. :cool: