crash after updating world

McSquid

Question

Hi,
I played a loooong save file a few months ago and took a break as i didn't have time to play. Came back to the game today and steam auto updated my IWBMS build to the latest. I loaded up my save and it said "converting world to newer version, may take a while on the first run etc" so I thought OK awesome it wont be a problem. Unfortunately the game crashes as soon as this process is complete. "an error has occured program will now close"

My world version is 158, Can I downgrade to an earlier IWBMS build in order to continue?

attached is the console crash log that the game said may have information on the crash.

image.png

console.txt

4 answers to this question

In that case you would need to find a way to get the older build of the game somehow, Steam doesn't have it though as the IWBUMS version keeps updating and we dont keep all of the weekly builds there. But if anyone you know would still have the old version or if you would find it by other means, you can run that version and then run the save without it updating to the new one.

So in case anyone reads this thread later on, I was able to continue my save (at least the important parts)

I was able to create a new sandbox, and use a database editor to overwrite the new character with my previous character from the backup save
I was able to get my base back by traveling to the base location with my character and exiting, then I grabbed all the chunk data and map data files from my previous save and overwrote what was generated in the new save
I was able to remove all the zeds from my base by copying and overwriting the zpop files from my previous save

Not sure if it will remain 100% stable, but I have my character, I have my base, and I can play for now. which is better than I was doing before :) hope this helps someone

Archived