IWBUMS 41.43 released

Batsphinx

NEW

- Updated with new controller icons on gameplay screen when playing with pad
- The inventory and loot windows are collapsed right away when the player begins aiming, unless they are pinned.

- Interrupt zombies climbing through windows if the player is closing the window.
 This applies if a zombie is starting to climb through a window, and isn't over the window sill.
- Block the player closing a window if a zombie is climbing through it. The player plays the 'struggle' animation if a zombie is over the window sill.

- Added "Automatically Drink Water When Thirsty" accessibility option.  It is on by default. Right-clicking on a water bottle when thirsty displays a new option "Quench Thirst". This option isn't displayed for food (such as pop cans), only water containers. Each unit of water removes 10% of thirst, as always.  So some thirst below 10% may remain after drinking.

- Added "Leave Key In Ignition" accessibility option. When enabled, the key remains in a vehicle's ignition when the engine is shut off.

PERFORMANCE

- Improved pooled objects, which should in turn improve performance in areas of high zombie density.

(On Six Months Later settings, for example, game was taking above 6ms to release an AnimationPlayer when removing one zombie from the world. This time has now been lowered to about 0.01ms - 0.03ms).

BALANCE

- Removed attack that was standing in for a cancelled jaw stab
- Added more floorboard stashes, including some exotic ones.
- Increased chance of finding an annotated map
- Increased the chance of finding a Survivor Zed
- Refined the outline colour when aiming at zeds with a firearm - green now appears when the chance of getting a good shot is a lot more likely
- Increased chance of clip found in guns or next to it.
- changed sleepyhead and wakeful sleep times
- Added traps being destroyed in streamed world returning same items as when destroyed in 'offscreen simulation'

MODELS/ANIMS CHANGES

- Adjusted multiple bags and apron mesh so they don't clip each other
- Made welding mask replace hats and vice versa (can't wear at same time)
- Made it so earrings don't clip through hoods

FIXES

- Fixed crawling zombies hitting the player in a vehicle when doing the fence/window crawl attack.
- Fixed the controller focus being on the load-game screen after loading a game with the controller active.
- Fixed the inventory and loot window selections being cleared sometimes while dragging items. This resulted in dragged items not being rendered.
- Fixed the vehicle dashboard remaining hidden after hiding the ui while inside a vehicle.
- Fixed the crafting, map, and mechanics UIs blocking all keypress events.
- Fixed multiples of "Time Before Corpse Removal" passing before corpses are removed.
- Fixed corpses moving and changing from male to female when rotting.
- Fixed Lua error while loading a challenge if all Lua files were reloaded due to mods.
- Fixed multiple player-death sounds playing.
- Fixed the inspect-clothing ui displaying the wrong bite/scratch defense values for items with neckProtectionModifier < 1.
- Fixed bite/scratch defense bonus on the neck being reduced on clothing with neckProtectionModifier < 1.
- Fixed setting the sandbox start time to 5AM starting at 9AM.
- Fixed "Pouring in" being displayed in the inventory window when combining Thread.
- Fixed stashed planks not working (the container "hidden" in the floor).
- Fixed hotbar appearing for controller users
- Fixed CTRL+A in the inventory and loot windows causing the player to turn.
- Fixed missing function name in "xxx not defined for operands in null" exception messages.
- Fixed not taking bullets from bags to reload a magazine when using the radial menu. Bullets in bags were taken when using the context menu.
- Fixed being able to pour dirt onto water tiles
- Fixed rugs/carpets being removed with certain actions calling addfloor (pour/take dirt, build floor)
- Fixed some benches requiring different tools for different facing directions
- Fixed objects not being able to click or added to context menu when 'under/behind' a collapsed wall
- Fixed pouring the same thing out the same type multiple times on a tile (sand/gravel/dirt)
- Fixed park ranger not having his/her walk through trees work correctly

16 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Awww I was running this combination quite succesfully on my last 2 chars. But it does make sense since the mask is clipping through the hats pretty hard.

Keep up the good work, the ~115hours i had with this game in the last few weeks were awesome. Can't wait for MP to hit the floor so my better half can also join the fun.

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

- Updated with new controller icons on gameplay screen when playing with pad

Hell yeah!

(On Six Months Later settings, for example, game was taking above 6ms to release an AnimationPlayer when removing one zombie from the world. This time has now been lowered to about 0.01ms - 0.03ms).

About 600% improvement... Good Work!

Not sure I agree with the welding mask change. Having a family member and a friend who weld IRL, if you are welding on a building site you have a hard hat on and a welding mask. There are even unique style hard hats that sit higher on the head or clip onto the welding mask that look like one piece of PPE. Everything else looks great in the patch.

I found a bug that with the large garbage cans in PizzaWhirlled. They do not have the "delete all" tab pop up when items are put into them and I do like using them as garbage cans on larger bases because they hold 50 units compared to most bins 10-20 units. The other garbage cans work as intended with this feature as far as I can tell.

This is also the case with the gas mask, might be unintended considering that it doesn't seems to be clipping with the riding helmet aswell as te crash helmet.

I don't know if its related to the new update , but i can't reload my firearms anymore. No matter if i press the "R" button or i try to do it manualy, it doesnt work , it show the "error" message. Manualy it will take the magazine out of the weapon , but won't put it back. Also racking the weapon doesnt work .  

BTW keep up the good work on the game , i rly enjoy it :)

**EDIT** 
Ok it seems to be a conflict with the mod "Crossbow."  Deactivating the mod solved the issues.

Edited by Gabolinator
new infos

3 hours ago, Plasmablade said:

Not sure I agree with the welding mask change. Having a family member and a friend who weld IRL, if you are welding on a building site you have a hard hat on and a welding mask. There are even unique style hard hats that sit higher on the head or clip onto the welding mask that look like one piece of PPE. Everything else looks great in the patch.

I found a bug that with the large garbage cans in PizzaWhirlled. They do not have the "delete all" tab pop up when items are put into them and I do like using them as garbage cans on larger bases because they hold 50 units compared to most bins 10-20 units. The other garbage cans work as intended with this feature as far as I can tell.

I feel the general concensus about welding masks is that they should be able to be worn with hats, but they where clipping pretty bad with most of the hats in the game (and tbf it was quite op). Can we not wear bandanas and welding masks anymore though?

I'm kinda hoping some more work get's put into it, so that we can eventually wear em with hats, without clipping, but this is an understandably easier solution in the short term.

11 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Added "Automatically Drink Water When Thirsty" accessibility option.  It is on by default. Right-clicking on a water bottle when thirsty displays a new option "Quench Thirst". This option isn't displayed for food (such as pop cans), only water containers. Each unit of water removes 10% of thirst, as always.  So some thirst below 10% may remain after drinking.

YUSS!

I think I've been the most vocal about this being added, so thank you a lot, it will make micromanaging water a lot easier for me with autodrinking turned off :)

Though the option of leaving key in ignition is fine too!

16 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

- Increased chance of clip found in guns or next to it.

Gun shop in Westpoint have four 5,56 mm clips and no M16.
Rest pistols and rifles have no clips inside and useless.

"You have one day" same situation, all MSR700, MSR788 have no clips all pistols are useless too, utill you'll kill some zombie and get clip inside it, with was alredy in previus version.

Restless + Sleepyhead             = -5    fatigue points every hour
Restless                 = -6,66    fatigue points every hour
Secureguard + Sleepyhead + Restless     = -6,66    fatigue points every hour
Secureguard + Restless             = -10    fatigue points every hour
Sleepyhead                 = -10    fatigue points every hour
Wakeful + Restless             = -10    fatigue points every hour
No traits                = -13,33fatigue points every hour
Secureguard + Wakeful + Restless     = -13,33fatigue points every hour
Secureguard + Sleepyhead         = -15    fatigue points every hour
Wakeful                 = -20    fatigue points every hour
Secureguard                 = -20    fatigue points every hour
Secureguard + Wakeful             = -30 fatigue points every hour

It's until fatigue goes 30 after that devide on 3 for every next hour of sleep.
Sleep time depends on how your fatigue was before you lay sleep:
1. drowsy 6 hours, 60-69 fatigue
2. tired 8 hours, 70-79 fatigue
3. very tired 9 hours, 80-89 fatigue
4. ridicuiosly tired 10 hours, 90-100 fatigue
5. ridicuiosly tired + exertion 12 hours. 100 fatigue + at least moderate exertion. 

If your character have Restless then it's only half of that sleep time.
If your characret sleep on the ground then it's only half of normal sleep time, 
and half on fatigue points removal speed.
After sleep if your character slept in car or on some office chair or on the ground 
then plus 10-20 fatigue points.

If it was factory bed, some good bed then after sleep minus 7-15 fatigue points.

Rest couches and chairs tent etc give no bonuses.

P/s

Restless + Sleepyhead = rest in peace.

Edited by Nativel
Recalculation, now it better.

19 hours ago, Nativel said:

Try it with intermittent lines of trees. I think that is how Park Ranger gets to move faster. No break in tree line means both are stuck in the animation so no bonus? I could be wrong but maybe someone can look at the values for the animations for moving through trees and see if the Park Ranger gets a buff?

On 9/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, Batsphinx said:

- Fixed not taking bullets from bags to reload a magazine when using the radial menu. Bullets in bags were taken when using the context menu.

Can you please do the same fix for just R?

I wanna just press R and be able to reload my gun instead of holding R and selecting reload my gun for this feature. :)

• nasKo unpinned this topic