IWBUMS 41.42 RELEASED

nasKo

23 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yeah, I was worried about that when testing it yesterday. I think I’d rattler this weird super-stab be removed.

Though I hope that if they remove the super-stab, at least roll back the jaw-stab, otherwise knives are fucked. Now  that I have time to review on the changes, here are my thoughts:

- Backstabbing unnoticed zeds are now unreliable, even when they do their look back animation and you're behind them, more often than not you just do a normal poke instead of instant kill jaw-stab. This seems like a big nerf to stealth kill with knives.

- Patch said this has been changed, but I can still manage to do a jaw-stab during zed attack animation. Sometimes the zed gets to me first before the jawstabbing anim finished, making my char does the heavy push anim.

- Edit: the crouch "shout"/whisper is not that useful, since the range is so short, even stabbing sound from a knife attracts zed farther than "psst".

I'm also curious about what the new change on Infection Mortality - Never does now. Back then it basically forces real zombie infection into a fake infection, similar to Hypochondriac, thus making bites infection curable with antibiotics.

Edited by StormieVN

1 hour ago, StormieVN said:

Though I hope that if they remove the super-stab, at least roll back the jaw-stab, otherwise knives are fucked. Now  that I have time to review on the changes, here are my thoughts:

- Backstabbing unnoticed zeds are now unreliable, even when they do their look back animation and you're behind them, more often than not you just do a normal poke instead of instant kill jaw-stab. This seems like a big nerf to stealth kill with knives.

- Patch said this has been changed, but I can still manage to do a jaw-stab during zed attack animation. Sometimes the zed gets to me first before the jawstabbing anim finished, making my char does the heavy push anim.

- Edit: the crouch "shout"/whisper is not that useful, since the range is so short, even stabbing sound from a knife attracts zed farther than "psst".

I'm also curious about what the new change on Infection Mortality - Never does now. Back then it basically forces real zombie infection into a fake infection, similar to Hypochondriac, thus making bites infection curable with antibiotics.

You’d need more points in sneak to make the jaw stab work, as a consequence of this is once you’re noticed by the zombie, it should no longer be possible to jaw stab them. It’s likely this can be fixed, though.

I’ll have to try and reproduce the shove / stab. Maybe you were so close as to clip through the zombie, so it thought you were behind? Vid would be helpful to understand it, if you managed to record it.

Whisper is meant to replace swishing your weapon. It is slightly louder at 6 tiles instead of 4. It should be expected that actually fighting will be louder.

Infection mortality was changed so that the fake fever can’t  kill you, iirc. People kept misunderstanding how it worked, so it was decided to just change it.

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You’d need more points in sneak to make the jaw stab work, as a consequence of this is once you’re noticed by the zombie, it should no longer be possible to jaw stab them. It’s likely this can be fixed, though.

I’ll have to try and reproduce the shove / stab. Maybe you were so close as to clip through the zombie, so it thought you were behind? Vid would be helpful to understand it, if you managed to record it.

- About the jaw-stab after being detected, that I know. It was just that before 41.42, if I managed to sneak behind a zed, the backstab was guaranteed to be a jaw-stab (which also alerted nearby zeds). Back then it felt like you at least knew that you could get 1 kill before triggering the whole group. So I guess now the backstab is based on Sneak skill?

- This is the shove stab that I clipped. Might try to test this again on a brand new 41.42 save to see if it persists, since the one I got was from a 41.41 save that carried over to .42.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicSwissPicklesWoofer

Edited by StormieVN

3 hours ago, StormieVN said:

- About the jaw-stab after being detected, that I know. It was just that before 41.42, if I managed to sneak behind a zed, the backstab was guaranteed to be a jaw-stab (which also alerted nearby zeds). Back then it felt like you at least knew that you could get 1 kill before triggering the whole group. So I guess now the backstab is based on Sneak skill?

- This is the shove stab that I clipped. Might try to test this again on a brand new 41.42 save to see if it persists, since the one I got was from a 41.41 save that carried over to .42.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicSwissPicklesWoofer

Thanks!

I think that's working correctly. The emergency shove (doesn't look like your timing was off, but evidently the game disagreed and thought you were about to be bit) might have caused it to lose sight of you briefly, when it entered its idle state, so you were able to jaw stab it. Not 100% sure on that, though. 

On 9/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, nasKo said:

Fella with the awesome username had it work after disabling mods. Could it be a conflicting mod in your case as well?

it's a high possibility. Its not a huge deal for me, as i'm not likely to utilize the feature any time soon honestly. next time i actually run a vanilla game, i'll find out, and then go through my mods and figure out which one broke it. 

On 9/3/2020 at 6:04 PM, poepystinkyman said:

I found it was the mod G.E.A.R , that conflicted because with all my mods on except gear it would work , so my conclusion is that GEAR was the conflicting thing , i am gonna tell the maker of the mod now on steam. Hope i help people with the same issue in the future. But playing with controller the wheel doesn't show up even if i hold down on the dpad. pressing Q  it only show up

G.E.A.R was gonna be my guess honestly. that mod actually messes with -a lot- of stuff. 

13 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Thanks!

I think that's working correctly. The emergency shove (doesn't look like your timing was off, but evidently the game disagreed and thought you were about to be bit) might have caused it to lose sight of you briefly, when it entered its idle state, so you were able to jaw stab it. Not 100% sure on that, though. 

Tested on a brand new save, no mods, still got the jaw-stab happening while zed is attacking, leading to emergency shove. Guess the patch note wasn't clear about the change I guess? Because the note gave me the impression that if the zed is playing the attack anim, then jaw-stab wouldn't have happened.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:50 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

... I mean, even with optimization, we’d only be aiming for around 2000-3000 visible zombies. This is why they turn into shadows instead of visually show and animate them all.

i can’t imagine 5000 ever running well in such a small area, past or present. 

(I’m making the assumption that you mean 5000 zombies within 50-75 tiles of the char, rather than in a 300 x 300 area because they’d have been streamed out of existence. If I’m misunderstanding, please correct.)

In some multiple-floor buildings there can be a large amount zombie in very close proximity as in the screenshot ( Normal population). Even in the parking lot there will be a lag spike every 10-15 seconds. Though with the zombie number decreasing (killed) to about 2000-3000 zombies, the frame rate become normal again. 

20200720095202_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Xonic said:

In some multiple-floor buildings there can be a large amount zombie in very close proximity as in the screenshot ( Normal population). Even in the parking lot there will be a lag spike every 10-15 seconds. Though with the zombie number decreasing (killed) to about 2000-3000 zombies, the frame rate become normal again. 

20200720095202_1.jpg

May I ask you how to activate the debug mode?

11 hours ago, Xonic said:

20200720095202_1.jpg

I would think that's down to the distribution options set by the mod author. They should tone it down considerably.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:48 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Not going to destabilize build 41 with big changes outside of mp development at this point. So, it’ll have to wait for build 42.

A real shame since fire has been in development since before build 41. Clothing, fire, and car/character details were the biggest standouts of build 41. 

• nasKo unpinned this topic