IWBUMS 41.42 RELEASED

nasKo

NEW

Added emote wheel, you currently press Q to open it.
- Emotes wheels binded to Q by default.
- Emotes wheel is now a long press to bring up.
- Emotes wheel includes different looking emotes if you are in stealth 
- Pressing Q (shout) while crouched will now have different text and smaller sound radius.
- Swinging your weapon in the air (not hitting anything) won't attract zombies anymore.

- Added new sets of anim for fishing with spears.
- Can now fish with a fishing rod while sitting on ground.
- Updated the MacOS application icons.
- Allow medical items to be dragged onto the list of injured body parts in the Health ui. Previously items could only be dragged onto the image of the body.
- Made right-clicking items on the ground more reliable by checking if the item icon is within a certain distance of the mouse pointer.  Previously, only items on the square that was clicked were detected.  If the item was near the corner of a square, the user had to hunt around to find the right place to click.
- Updated map to include recent fixes and Ben's Cabin

DEBUG

- Added a Reload button to the lua debugger file list.  It appears next to the file name of the item the mouse is hovering over.
- Added an in-game animation-clip viewer accessed by CTRL+F7 in debug mode.

TUTORIAL

- Quality of life changes and fixes
- Updated with new controller icons from Binky

MODDING

- Moved the code for clicking on curtains, doors and light switches from Java to ISObjectClickHandler.lua so modders can change this behavior.
- Added back code to IsoPlayer.removeSaveFile() to delete map_pN.bin savefiles to help Nolan on SuperSurvivors and other minor changes to make his life easier
- Added a new item property called Tags. Tags is a list of strings that can be used to specify what the item is used for.
 Instead of checking lists of item types such as Hammer/HammerStone or Saw/GardenSaw, the game can check for items
 that have certain tags. These tags are: ChopTree, ClearAshes, CutPlant, DigGrave, DigPlow, Hammer, Saw, TakeDirt. Also, digital watches have the tag Digital which affects how the clock is displayed.
- Moved recipecode.lua functions into a global table called Recipe.
 The functions are organized into sub-tables Recipe.OnCreate, Recipe.OnGiveXP, and Recipe.OnTest.
 This is similar to how vehicle-script lua functions work.
 For example, CutFish_TestIsValid is now Recipe.OnTest.CutFish.
 The old function names are still available to avoid breaking mods.
-  Error messages are printed to the console when loading a game if any recipe's OnCreate, OnGiveXP, or OnTest methods are undefined.

BALANCE

- Reduced crit chance of knives.
- Ignore the slowdown from injures, negative moodles, etc when closing or opening vehicle doors.
- Reduced the distance at which light switches can be clicked on.
- Ball-Peen Hammer can now be used for carpentry etc.
- Spears used for fishing lose condition when damaged, and don't disappear from the player's inventory.
- If you were about to do a close knife kill (jaw stab) forbidden when zombies are attacking - but your alternate normal attack will deal more damage. This avoids risk of unwanted jaw stabs when you have high small blade skills.
- Increased reloading/aiming XP gain when level is under 5.
- Increased minimum damage of M14 from 1 to 1.2.

ANIMS

- Hide left-hand items when reloading firearms.
- Hide any left-hand item when chopping down trees.
- Tweaked normal glasses UV's so the arms show, male and female versions.
- Tweaked drinking anims to be a bit more natural.
- Tweaked gun recoils, loading and racking blends to eliminate some popping.
- Adjusted recoil of handgun and rifle a bit.
- Tweaked Trousers.xml, Trousers_Black.xml and Trousers_NavyBlue.xml masking to avoid clipping.
- Tweaked Shorts_ShortFormal.xml to avoid clipping.

FIXES

- Fixed non-empty containers sometimes looking like they had no items in them (in random toilet-paper-filled buildings).
- Fixed lua error with the "Rest" context-menu option when extremely tired and no bed/chair was clicked.
- Fixed being able to fish from infinite distance, you'll now need to be at max 6 tiles from body of water with a rod and 2 tiles with spears.
- Fixed various issues with moveables - primarily metal ones.
- Fixed vehicles not colliding with zombies after the engine shuts off while the vehicle is still moving.
- Fixed zombies sometimes attacking instead of playing their hit-reaction animation. (Difficult to reproduce, somehow this person had it happen twice in a row!
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestMagnificentGaurKlappa)
- Fixed animation event garbage collection.
- Fixed ActiveAnimXXX events occurring every frame after a new node is started in the same AnimSet.
- Fixed two DebugLog.txt files being created during startup. One of these files was being closed via garbage collection, which has caused problems on Linux in the past.
- Fixed not being able to jaw-stab a zombie from behind when the zombie was playing the Zombie_DoorClaw animation.
- Fixed action animations (like reading) not playing when sitting on the ground after trying to attack while sitting.
- Fixed timed actions continuing while getting up from sitting after pressing a movement key.
- Fixed parts of clothing not being visible through a hole in a layer above sometimes.
- Fixed zombies playing their aggression sound after killing the player. It kept playing during the eating-body sound.
- Fixed multiple death screams playing sometimes when the player is killed by zombies.
- Fixed zombies sometimes playing their bite animation again after dragging the player to the ground.
- Fixed the player-info avatar animating more slowly at higher framerates.
- Fixed the animation-clip viewer animation running more slowly at higher framerates.
- Fixed not being able to interact with tents placed by the map-maker.
- Fixed rooms sometimes appearing unlit when the light switch was on. This happened when loading a part of the map with room light switches but no lamps or porch lights.
- Fixed wearing each item of clothing in a stack, when those items have the same name but different underlying types (like Jacket).
- Fixed favorited items being used for campfire fuel.
- Fixed a bug with reusing zombies which could result in a zombie trying to walk toward a sound it heard before it was removed
 from the world.
- Fixed the player info avatar not updating when hats and glasses are knocked off the player.
- Fixed the loot window not updating to show hats and glasses knocked off the player.
- Fixed the player-info avatar animating while the game is paused..
- Fixed the carpentry menu Door submenu appearing disabled when a doorframe can be built..
- Fixed food in a bag in a Fridge/Freezer not cooling or freezing.
- Fixed Big Garage Doors / Windows showing as doubled normal sized doors / windows in cutaways.
- Fixed logging out and back in with the "Winter is coming" challenge (and others) resetting the timer.
- Fixed some item weight discrepancies.
- Fixed not being able to start a BBQ with any other materials apart from paper.
- Fixed unlimited sugar being allowed to be added to a beverage.
- Fixed lockers not cutting away correctly.
- Fixed lunch box always spawning with fresh food even a long time into the apocalypse.
- Fixed pouring water from bottle to bottle not reserving empty bottle's favourite status.
- Fixed Filling up broken Saucepan repairs it.
- Fixed sandbox option "Infection Mortality" set to "Never" not working.
- Fixed placing and removing bait from a trap duplicating it.
- Fixed the crafting ui "Name Filter" entry and "Filter All" checkbox displaying different values in each tab.
- Fixed the fishing ui not being tall enough to display the caught items sometimes.

• nasKo pinned this topic

Please open the multiplayer. Almost one year since patch 41 was released.

I know it's annoying for the devs, as there are other priorities. But for me as a player, it's annoying to check every single update and to get disappointed again and again since no multiplayer is out.

I'm sure you'll receive more feedback/bug reports from players that are waiting like myself, for the possibility to play with friends.

9 minutes ago, A1eks said:

Please open the multiplayer. Almost one year since patch 41 was released.

I know it's annoying for the devs, as there are other priorities. But for me as a player, it's annoying to check every single update and to get disappointed again and again since no multiplayer is out.

I'm sure you'll receive more feedback/bug reports from players that are waiting like myself, for the possibility to play with friends.

Our priority right now is getting MP into a workable state. We absolutely need to nail MP this time around. We can't just release something "just working". 

Right now, there is NOTHING for you to play because it isn't even "just working".

If you check the video from the blog we've released today, you see that this would be entirely unplayable and pointless for us to release, because we already know it's not playable. It's not in a state where we *need* feedback. 

Releasing what we have now would anger people needlessly, no matter how annoyed they are about how long it's taking. Instead, a broken release could possibly cause them to write negative reviews and ask "it took you this long to release *this*?".

You being annoyed as a player checking every single update is understandable, but you're doing this to yourself. Don't check the updates because MP is not coming soon. 

Check the blogs, that's where you're going to see what state it is in and if a release is near.

39 minutes ago, GoodOldLeon said:

New patch and penisham is back? what a great day.

IT'S FUCKING WEEK OF THE PENISHAM

Could I just get confirmation that this is only the first emote update? As of right now, I've noticed some features missing that where mentioned in previous blogs (e.g. walking while emoting/ favouriting emotes ), and I just want to check that these haven't been scrapped.

7 minutes ago, Kappatao said:

Could I just get confirmation that this is only the first emote update? As of right now, I've noticed some features missing that where mentioned in previous blogs (e.g. walking while emoting/ favouriting emotes ), and I just want to check that these haven't been scrapped.

Yep.

6 minutes ago, nasKo said:

Have you held down the button?
Can also check the options to make sure it's bound.

yeah for a long time too , but I'm on mac though and i have mods installed, maybe it broke something because of the update ,i can still see the "shout wheel" when i use a controller but only the shout option, the sneak shout psst works just fine and the yell animation is playing too , so its only the wheel i don't see popping up while holding the key on keyboard or the downpad. also checked the shout option and its bound to Q thx for responding 

Edited by poepystinkyman

34 minutes ago, poepystinkyman said:

yeah for a long time too , but I'm on mac though and i have mods installed, maybe it broke something because of the update ,i can still see the "shout wheel" when i use a controller but only the shout option, the sneak shout psst works just fine and the yell animation is playing too , so its only the wheel i don't see popping up while holding the key on keyboard or the downpad. also checked the shout option and its bound to Q thx for responding 

Hm, odd. I'll bring it up to some Mac users and see if it works on their end. Thanks for letting us know

10 minutes ago, nasKo said:

Hm, odd. I'll bring it up to some Mac users and see if it works on their end. Thanks for letting us know

Thanks, I'm double checking right now by reinstalling the game fresh and backed my old files , i will let u guys know if i experience the same issue

Update: I can now see the emoticon wheel so it was a probably a mod conflict because i tried it without any mods on reinstalled version and it works so i will figure out which mod caused the conflict and don't use it to use the new emotions thanks for responding though , and nice work i like the update. cheers

Edited by poepystinkyman

5 minutes ago, xzystance said:

holding Q does not bring up the radial menu for me either right now.

Fella with the awesome username had it work after disabling mods. Could it be a conflicting mod in your case as well?

42 minutes ago, nasKo said:

Fella with the awesome username had it work after disabling mods. Could it be a conflicting mod in your case as well?

I found it was the mod G.E.A.R , that conflicted because with all my mods on except gear it would work , so my conclusion is that GEAR was the conflicting thing , i am gonna tell the maker of the mod now on steam. Hope i help people with the same issue in the future. But playing with controller the wheel doesn't show up even if i hold down on the dpad. pressing Q  it only show up

Edited by poepystinkyman

11 minutes ago, Xonic said:

Since an update a month ago, the game lags heavily when there are above 5000 zombies in the cell. Is optimization also in the plan?

... I mean, even with optimization, we’d only be aiming for around 2000-3000 visible zombies. This is why they turn into shadows instead of visually show and animate them all.

i can’t imagine 5000 ever running well in such a small area, past or present. 

(I’m making the assumption that you mean 5000 zombies within 50-75 tiles of the char, rather than in a 300 x 300 area because they’d have been streamed out of existence. If I’m misunderstanding, please correct.)

3 minutes ago, iDavidFH said:

my knife build is suffering

How does it suffer?

The change made here prevents you from getting stuck in a jaw stab when zombies are chasing you. If you come up on a lone zombie fast enough, especially from behind, it should be very similar to prior builds.

3 hours ago, iDavidFH said:

my knife build is suffering

It's rather mixed for me, I can feel the nerf towards jaw-stab, but it seems like knives deal way more damage now, to the point that I can 1shot zeds with a normal stab while backpedalling. I could be wrong and this could be just my high level short blade doing, but I haven't noticed this effect till patch 41.42 rolled out.

Got a clip of the knife dmg in action here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/731152854

9 minutes ago, StormieVN said:

It's rather mixed for me, I can feel the nerf towards jaw-stab, but it seems like knives deal way more damage now, to the point that I can 1shot zeds with a normal stab while backpedalling. I could be wrong and this could be just my high level short blade doing, but I haven't noticed this effect till patch 41.42 rolled out.

Got a clip of the knife dmg in action here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/731152854

Yeah, I was worried about that when testing it yesterday. It was nerfed somewhat, but I think I’d rather this super-stab be removed. It does not look right.

• nasKo unpinned this topic