Small incremental movement of parked vehicles

eldergamer

I made a post about this a while ago and no one seemed interested. I have to mention it again though because it causes problems when your trying to do things with vehicles. One time I was working on a truck I just needed a new battery. I spent a few days in game looking for a good Heavy duty battery and finally found one. When I went back to the truck it had crept far enough forward into another vehicle that I couldn't get to the front of it anymore to open the hood and work on it. Another time I was in a theater parking lot and there where dozens of vehicles there. They were all parked correctly. I spent a few weeks in game in that general area and every time I went back to the parking lot it got worse and worse. Eventually most the vehicles were in a mass. Most were right up against each other so that it made it hard or even impossible to get to them.

They don't move while your on the screen they move a small amount when your not. It's not obvious at first but after a while vehicles will have moved so far that you can't miss it. I won't name  a version because it happens on every version I've installed since vehicles were introduced. I never see anyone talk about it though. I was starting to think it was just my system. Now I've installed PZ on my notebook and my work pc. I started new games on each and played for a while. It happens every time on every machine and as I mentioned earlier it's been happening since vehicles were introduced. Up until recently I just blamed it on my mods but I've converted from 40.43 to 41.40. I've done a fresh install and a new game with no mods and it still happens.

What I'm guessing is happening is when the cars fall into place after reloading an area they bounce a bit when they land. My guess is that they're moving a little each time.

I would appreciate if someone on the dev team would talk about this a little bit and let us know what's been done to correct it or why it can't be corrected.

Thanks

Eldergamer

The issue has been logged the first time around (here, have another piece of pie :) ). Nothing has been done about fixing it yet because ... well, the team has other priotities atm.  

I can see how it can be frustrating to not see fixes for older issues while new features are coming in, but with game development you need to pick your battles.

13 hours ago, Pandorea said:

The issue has been logged the first time around (here, have another piece of pie :) ). Nothing has been done about fixing it yet because ... well, the team has other priotities atm.  

I can see how it can be frustrating to not see fixes for older issues while new features are coming in, but with game development you need to pick your battles.

Thank you for your response Pandorea.  It is somewhat aggravating to see new systems implemented while the oldest bugs are not the priority. EnigmaGrey says that it was intentionally done to solve another issue so they leave it as is for now. I'm annoyed but the pie did make it better.

Tnanks

Eldergamer

12 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The reason this happens is because vehicles are loaded slightly above the ground to avoid them getting stuck below the game's terrain. 

I'm sure there's a fix that's possible, but it's both known and intentional right now.  (Bugs me, too, since on OSX, I can actually see them fall when I load in. :D

Thank you for responding EnigmaGrey. Yeah it's been annoying me for the longest time but after your explanation I do understand why they did it now.  Also like you I see the vehicles falling into place as well. It's a relief to know that it's not just me seeing it. With that said I do hope they give it a bit more priority then new bling and hair dye as it affects game play where bling and hair dye do not.

On another subject, do you know if there has ever been any mention from the devs of reusable ladders? It would be great not to have to build a stair case every time I want to get to the roof or second story of a structure.

Thanks again

Eldergamer