Can't Bait Trap Crate

fcolley3

I started adding trapping to my characters survival activities and I've been pretty successful catching birds with the stick trap. Deciding to add catching rabbits and placed the trap crate since I'm not quite level one yet. Built the trap placed it on the ground in the forest next to my stick traps but I don't get an option to add bait to this trap.  I have cabbage in my inventory but the only action I can perform is "take" trap.  Is anyone else having a problem with this? Should I be approaching it differently than the way I bait my stick traps?

I want to give everyone a heads up regarding baiting the trap crate. I wrote that I did not have the option to "add bait" after placing the trap on the ground. I have found the answer to this. You must right click on the trap "in your inventory" and "place trap on ground". I was dragging the trap from my inventory to the ground. Also the trap looks totally different if you place it by right clicking as opposed to dragging or dropping on the ground. Once I "placed" it from the inventory, I was given the "add bait" option. I was not aware that there was a specific way of placing traps and I wanted everyone else to be aware of it. Happy Trapping!!!!!

I initially made 3 stick traps. My first time making traps. What I remember is, out of the 3 I got on the ground one Looked very small and different than the other two. I felt there was something wrong with it so I took it back and make another. I can't quite remember but perhaps theres a glitch that it works sometimes when dragging to the ground? All I know is I was being more deliberate and determined to figure out the problem when I could not bait the trap crate. I really don't think I used the "Place Trap" from inventory option on those 3 stick traps or I would have realized what the problem was. So...I don't know. All I know is, I had no problem  adding bait to the trap crate once I did it that way and could not get that option before.

Archived