Fallen zombies converting to crawlers while being attacked is weird

MrHrulgin

So I pushed a zombie such that it fell backward, and I don't have a weapon so I'm standing on its chest and stomping on its face to try to kill it. All of a sudden, it makes a strange cry, scares me, and rotates 180 degrees underneath me so its feet are where its head was, and vice versa. 

I get that injured zombies will become crawlers sometimes instead of dying, and that it'll startle the survivor when you get too close, but for that process to happen while I'm stomping on them is not right. I am literally standing on their chest, so they shouldn't move. I'm actively stomping on a "living" zombie, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

The easiest fix would be to check the same thing that keeps zombies from getting up while they're being stood upon. If that's true, they don't become crawlers. It might in some rare circumstances mean that a zombie knocked backward into a crowd dies when it might otherwise have risen again, but that's a small cost as compared to the current situation.

Well, they make the crawler noise, I get a jolt of alarm, they turn over into their stomach... Yeah, they become crawlers.

Edit: If I sneak up behind them and push them down onto their bellies it will still happen some times. It's less noticeable, but there's still the crawler sound and they're invincible for a moment.

Edited by MrHrulgin
More data

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...