Herbalist/Foraging Additions - Farming & Tea

Fortport

Hi. I would like to make suggestions that may make the herbalist perk even more useful, by opening up towards farming and even brewing. This helps the late-game and also anyone that's able to successfully flee town, even multiplayer, where medicine and seeds may be scarce. This lets foraging branch towards cooking, farming, and natural alternatives to medicine. Something you can look forward to at the high end of the foraging tree. Here are my suggestions, now that I've explained why they may be nice or necessary.

• Add flowers or herbs that can be foraged for making medicinal teas. They are not as good as the drugs themselves, but provide a moderate alternative that with enough successive doses, could relieve moodles. This can be balanced by having recipes that call for more than one or a variety, or by making them harder to find. Chamomile, Valerian Root, Hibiscus, etc. can be brewed to stave off anxiety, unhappiness, or to cause drowsiness.

• Add wild seeds that can be obtained from foraging to start farming crops from scratch. Could add interesting alternatives to the typical farm, such as wild onions, carrots, wild cherries and their seeds, barley, edible acorns, and more.

Edited by Fortport