Make overtiredness an actual threat again

poodude28

Overtiredness has been a joke for a very long time and someone can usually do just fine at the max tiredness and never have to bother sleeping. I think I remember it being a possibility to pass out a very long time ago? Or maybe that was something the developers were planning back then, can't remember but, I really think not sleeping properly should be more of a threat somehow, at least if someone is up more than 24 hours maybe they should start to get a little woozy and start to move like they are kind of drunk because they are so tired? Another idea - in combination with the movement change, maybe make the screen turn black sometimes for a second or so to simulate someone closing their eyes for an extended period due to tiredness? Perhaps a bit of motion blur too? Maybe that's over doing it, but something does need to be done about tiredness at some point. Just figured I'd share some ideas.

Edited by poodude28

11 hours ago, poodude28 said:

Overtiredness has been a joke for a very long time and someone can usually do just fine at the max tiredness and never have to bother sleeping. I think I remember it being a possibility to pass out a very long time ago? Or maybe that was something the developers were planning back then, can't remember but, I really think not sleeping properly should be more of a threat somehow, at least if someone is up more than 24 hours maybe they should start to get a little woozy and start to move like they are kind of drunk because they are so tired? Another idea - in combination with the movement change, maybe make the screen turn black sometimes for a second or so to simulate someone closing their eyes for an extended period due to tiredness? Perhaps a bit of motion blur too? Maybe that's over doing it, but something does need to be done about tiredness at some point. Just figured I'd share some ideas.

Fighting or running from zombies is pretty much impossible if your char is tired. Which build are you playing on?

Yeah, I have to sleep because my characters stamina drops to practically zero.  I'm shuffling away from zombies while mashing the Shift-key, and he's struggling to carry a butter knife.  If passing out is ever a thing, it needs to be realistic.  Like, if you're being chased by a horde of zombies, you're not just going to pass out and let them eat you.  Adrenaline is a powerful chemical, so if you're panicked, sleep is the last thing your body will do (willingly or unwillingly).

On 8/13/2020 at 9:54 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

? You can see only a 10th as far.

Been this way for all time. Passing out was not in the game.

I know it was never actually in the game, but back in the Desura days I am fairly certain there was a time that it was mentioned about being a possibility, I also remember the emote icon for maximum tiredness when moused over would say "in danger of passing out" or something like that. Obviously, that wouldn't make sense if being chased by zombies lol, but yeah. The vision difference has honestly never been enough in my opinion, at least if somebody stays up for days and days these other effects would be good to come into play.

Edited by poodude28