IWBUMS 41.41 RELEASED

lemmy101

NEW

- Enabled the "New Character" button after the player dies in singleplayer, so it's more clear that players can continue the save with a new character. This button was already available in splitscreen and multiplayer.
- Added "Corpse Shadows" display option. Corpse shadows are drawn as a separate pass (along with player, vehicle, and zombie shadows) so could affect performance with lots of corpses.
- Added a sandbox option to disable zombie lunge after climbing over fence (in the zombie lore).
- Allow sleeping anywhere when the character reaches a fatigue level of 4. The sleep is short and has more negative side effects than a "bad bed".
- Allow the player to go to sleep outdoors when it is raining. 
- Added "Simple Clothing Textures" option to disable blood/dirt/holes/patches on clothing textures. The blood/dirt/holes/patches are still on the clothes but aren't drawn. Turning this on can save texture memory and possibly improve performance on lower-spec hardware.
- Added "Simple Weapon Textures" which disables drawing blood on weapons. Turning this on can save texture memory and possibly improve performance on lower-spec hardware (but not as much as Simple Clothing Textures).
- Allow multiple map windows to be opened at the same time.
- Added UIElement:onKeyPress(), onKeyRepeat() and onKeyRelease() methods so top-level UIElements can intercept keypresses without having to use events such as Events.OnKeyPressed or Events.OnCustomUIKey.

BALANCE

- Slightly lowered spawnrate of watches on zombies
- Slightly lowered the chance for pre-set alarms on watches
- Rebalanced M14 Single Shot Assault Rifle. 
    - Changed model
    - Now uses proper ammo (.308) instead of 5.56. 
    - Magazine size set to 20
    - Damage has been balanced to bring it in line with other rifles
- Reduced damage for Wood Axe to 1.3 Min and 3 Max, down from 3.6 Min and 4.6 Max. Previous damage values were workaround for a past bug that ended up way overpowered when said bug was fixed.
- Added hoodies to some zombie outfits.
- Big metal shelves now require metalwork to disassemble, also gives metal bars & plates (previously was only screws).
- Increased spawn rate of fanny pack.
- Increased weight of rifles.
- Lowered min angle of shove to stop shove working on distant zombies
- Lowered max range of shove as the range "extends" when player shoves (as body leans forward, so does the range)
- Traps can get destroyed when the player is out of range
    - when destroyed, a destroyItem takes the traps place, by default this is 'unusable wood' but can be set in the trap definition
- "Put in Container" inventory context-menu option now shows the name of the container (if any). Hopefully, this will make it clearer that the item isn't going into an equipped bag.
- Increased the range the player prefers to target lunging zombies instead of prone zombies from 0.5 to 1.0

ANIMS

- Adjusted the 2-handed miss animation to leave the weapon in left hand during the miss anim
- Disallow fishing when sitting on ground, as said action has no playable animation at this time. If the UI is opened first and player then sits before starting fishing action a forceGetUp is performed.
- Removed excess frames from "zombie get up from back" anim
- Tweaked blend settings for "zombie getting up"

FIXES

- Fixed jaw-stabbing zombies through unbroken or barricaded windows.
- Fixed jaw stab animation playing but character missing
- Fixed splatting blood and playing weapon-impact sounds when hitting a window between the player and a zombie.
- Fixed cancelling attaching an item to the hotbar leaving the model visible on the player but not in the hotbar.
- Fixed UI updates slowing down when the GameTime.Speed.XXX debug options are enabled.
- Fixed IsoZombie AnimationPlayer being freed, then recreated after death.
- Fixed model-rendering debug code accessing AnimationPlayer from the rendering thread. This was the code that rendered the character's skeleton and other things.
- Fixed a bug in the JOML Matrix4f class.
- Deleted some old unused classes.
- Fixed unnoticeable splitscreen rendering issue when the game is paused.
- Fixed lua error with the Horde Manager ui when the spawn location goes out of bounds.
- Fixed zombie models unfolding when they first become visible.
- Fixed NullPointerException climbing through a windowframe without a window.
- Fixed the close-window animation not playing when using a controller.
- Fixed being able to sleep in a moving car.
- Fixed Movable-cursor not being able to pick up office cubicle walls from west/north side, also made them hoppable.
- Added functionallity for any object existing as Iso and Inventory (such as radios) to be dismantable/scapable in their IsoObject form by looking up the inventory item dismantle recipe. For this to work the spriteproperties must be set to 'CanScrap' AND have at least one dummy material defined for the scrapcode to recognize it as valid scrapable, the actual materials returned will be from the recipe
- Fixed walls on the same tile overlapping door when the latter was opened.
- Added a check that makes sure the door index is always after the last wall and wall index is always before the door.
- Added a tileproperty TreatAsWallOrder for objects that aren't walls but should be treated as such in the indexing (such as the shower glass panes)
- FPS multiplier now capped to a maximum of 5 (6fps->30fps). This possibly fixes death by stairs, along with other possible sudden deaths due to lag related pauses, as time will not pass significantly during such a pause. 
- Fixed some lambda garbage collection
- Fixed duplicate Keyframe.BoneName strings (Bip01, etc)
- Fixed death music not stopping after creating a new player using the New Character button.
- Possibly fixed bug that treated walking zombies as if they're still knocked down, causing wrong target priorities when attacking affected zombies.
- Fixed player movement stopping when playing the one-handed crit attack animation.
- Fixed wrist-worn items clipping through long-sleeved clothes by hiding the wrist-worn items.
- Fixed character-creation Beard Type "None" not being selected when loading a preset without a beard.
- Fixed blur at certain zoom levels
- Fixed blood not being drawn temporarily on hotbar weapon models when equipping or unequipping them.
- Fixed various debug panels affecting a dead player after creating a new player with the New Character button.
- Fixed recipes not preserving the "favorite" status of items when the result item has the same type as a source item.
- Fixed zombies ending up on their back when they are hit while flipping from their back to their front.
- Fixed the "close window" animation playing when the E key is pressed on a closed barricaded window.
- Fixed empty assault rifles in Burst or Single firing modes killing zombies.
- Fixed clothing items that can't get blood and dirt on them from getting wet. This includes belts, jewelry, and watches.
- Fixed SleepingEvent not working correctly in splitscreen.
- Fixed corpses being drawn underneath stairs.  They still get clipped if they overlap a lower stair tile.
- Fixed knocked-off hats being drawn underneath stairs
- Fixed some cases where empty containers looked like they had items in them.
- Fixed some invalid item types in the loot-spawning tables.
- Print a warning to the console when invalid item types are in the loot-spawning tables.
- Fixed some gc with item spawning.
- ProceduralDistributions Lua table is parsed one time during startup instead of each time items are spawned
- Fixed the hotbar shortcut keys not working after the player gets bumped just before an attack starts

Can I be real with you guys? I've been a lurker on here for years. I've got about 200 hours in PZ over the last few years, and it's a freaking great game.

You guys put in a ton of hard work and it's showed in this amazing game.

People keep asking when development is going to end? Don't listen to those morons.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys could work on this game for the next 20 years. Imagine how amazing it would be then. 

Just great job guys. Keep it up. 

Edited by laagamer

14 minutes ago, DEATH said:

You don't really want that and you know it.

I really do, though. My group of friends and I don't mind dying to bugs or crashing cars into each other because of rubber banding ... but none of us are going to play single-player.

40 minutes ago, Karch said:

I really do, though. My group of friends and I don't mind dying to bugs or crashing cars into each other because of rubber banding ... but none of us are going to play single-player.

You wouldn't even see what other MP players are doing in its current state so there is nothing to play. We will release MP as soon as it is feasible. There's no glory for us in having something playable and not letting people test it. 
There's still a lot of work to be done and the first version of MP will probably be broken enough already, so don't you worry, there'll be plenty of bugs for you to enjoy

1 hour ago, nasKo said:

You wouldn't even see what other MP players are doing in its current state so there is nothing to play. We will release MP as soon as it is feasible. There's no glory for us in having something playable and not letting people test it. 
There's still a lot of work to be done and the first version of MP will probably be broken enough already, so don't you worry, there'll be plenty of bugs for you to enjoy

That's all I'm asking for (but I'm going to just keep asking for it). Don't feel like we're impatient, but we're just waiting for that to happen before we jump into build41 (or 42, or wherever the game is when MP is re-introduced.

I'm so ready to be bit by zombies that only other players can see, and to have ghost doors opening and closing throughout a session, and have dropped sessions, and all the wonderful problems that make early access so interesting.

9 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

- Rebalanced M14 Single Shot Assault Rifle. 
    - Changed model
    - Now uses proper ammo (.308) instead of 5.56. 
    - Magazine size set to 20
    - Damage has been balanced to bring it in line with other rifles

Backwards ??  all else being equal (ie. shot placement, FMJ or HP) .308 is a larger more powerful cartridge delivering more energy out to greater distances vs. 5.56

AssaultRifle1 (5.56mm)

Max Range = 11

Min Dmg = 2.2

Max Dmg = 4.5

AssaultRifle2 (.308cal)

Max Range = 10

Min Dmg = 1

Max Dmg = 2

Well, my experience with build 41.41 was far from great.

Started an ongoing save and it would seem that the zombies can now see me from a screen away once again. Before I knew it I was fighting several zombies, killed 2, knocked another to the ground, backed up several paces, swung at the remaining zombie which was on it's feet, but rather than caving in its skull a did a finishing ground attack on the zombie which was on the ground but nowhere near me. Needless to say I got bit and died :)

Lost several more characters in quick succession due to my "zombie attracting cologne", swore a lot and rage quit

hi guys, thanks for the amazing work so far. My brother and a few friends are itching to get multiplayer working again. Can you let us know when in the timeline we can see this back? If you have something in the forums for this please direct me to it if you can. thanks again

17 hours ago, Redeye said:

hi guys, thanks for the amazing work so far. My brother and a few friends are itching to get multiplayer working again. Can you let us know when in the timeline we can see this back? If you have something in the forums for this please direct me to it if you can. thanks again

11 hours ago, Gabri said:

hey, ever since this update all my digital watches appears only as a blue circle with a question mark in the middle, all the "bling" stuff are like this also, any idea whats wrong? Thanks in advance!

Are you perhaps using any mods? Watches have been heavily changed as of 41.40 and old watches are deprecated (see patch 41.40 release notes).

If a mod is using watches the old (deprecated) way, maybe that's where the problem is.

4 minutes ago, gamatos said:

Are you perhaps using any mods? Watches have been heavily changed as of 41.40 and old watches are deprecated (see patch 41.40 release notes).

If a mod is using watches the old (deprecated) way, maybe that's where the problem is.

I was using a bunch of mods, but since i notice this problem i've tried a new game with no mods, but had no different outcome, thanks for your reply, and btw my game is the steam version!

On 8/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, Gabri said:

I was using a bunch of mods, but since i notice this problem i've tried a new game with no mods, but had no different outcome, thanks for your reply, and btw my game is the steam version!

Well if you tried it without mods and the problem persists then maybe some file got corrupted. You can try verifying the integrity of the files and it will repair any corrupted ones.

At steam this is done by  right clicking on the game-> selecting properties-> going to the "Local files" (tab) -> and clicking "Verify integrity of game files".

Edited by gamatos

9 hours ago, gamatos said:

Well if you tried it without mods and the problem persists then maybe some file got corrupted. You can try verifying the integrity of the files and it will repair any corrupted ones.

At steam this is done by  right clicking on the game-> selecting properties-> going to the "Local files" (tab) -> and clicking "Verify integrity of game files".

Thanks for your time fellow survivor, i've posted at the bugs topic and someone gave me the fix! anyhow, much obliged!

Hi Great work on 41 so far, much more fun now than in early 41.

Posted a few things on Bug Forum (Melee aiming, Corspe removal time)

So I thought maybe i post some feedback, or what i would wish for:

It would be really cool to somehow have an colored indicator when melee aiming on the targets you would hit, to compensate for weird angles that sometimes happen (For example i have a hard time hitting North to South, as the Distance is often weird) - An indicator alike the container thing would really help there.

Fixing the Problem with Sinks and Washing mashines would be nice. Talking about the following: Water is out, you wanna plumb a sink or washing mashine and you build the collectors correct but you still have to remove and put back the Sink or washing mashine if they have been there before.

Also kinda randomly Sinks that are Plumbed still only provide tainted water - if thats planned, some kind of consistancy would be cool.

Skillbooks or Magazines that give Bonuses to Exp of things like sneaking, short blunt etc, are really a thing i miss.  Would be cool to be able to find rare Fighting Manuals or something to get a Boost that you'd only get using one of the professions that provide it.

Better ways of leveling strengh & Fitness - It would be nice to have a way out of hydrocraft to use training Gear and similar stuff to increase the gains to this at least a bit. It takes at least 1/2 year playthrough to get at least 1 point on one of those stats - thats somewhat weird to me.

Ways/Time to counteract negative/Positiv traits - Would be a nice dynamic addition - some exmaples i'd have in mind:

Short sightet - Glasses to counteract - maybe have different diopters on glasses - would make it bit harder to find fitting ones / Short sightet effect could increase over time as there are no opticians anymore - Dunno how hard that would be to programm - i guess not easy.

Cowardly, Agoraphobic, claustrophobic, Hemophobic - Would be nice if those effects reduce over time as your character gets more dull to those effects - (Talking bout 6 months + ingame playtime) / Would also give an option to become cowardly for some time after beeing a week or more in base and moving back out to Kill stuff. 

THose things would add more dynamic.

Also i thinks there should be a bit of rebalancing about the traits and the points they give/Cost after some got changed quite dramaticly.

I also think that fast / Slow learner are lost opportunities - they could be split in I'd say 3 Categorys. (Weapon skill, survival skills, other skills)

Mostly i only take fast learner for the Weapon Skills not really for the other benefits.

i Guess thats all of my ideas that came up while fighting for survival ingame.

I Love this game! Keep up the good work!

• nasKo unpinned this topic