Digital Watches Disappearing

fcolley3

After the 41.40 update, I'm having an issue with my digital watches disappearing when I return to my game. I understand I initially had to find new watches after the update but, I've logged off a few times to come back and discover the new digital watches I've previously found have disappeared. To test this, I spent a good bit of time going around looting and killing zombies just for the watches. I probably had 7 or 8 that I placed in a container for safe keeping before I logged off. Upon returning, they were all gone. No problem with the wrist watches, I still had all of those but, the digital ones were missing. I favor those because of the temperature and date they show. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Hmm.. I can't reproduce this :( all my trophies are safely tucked away in the kitchen cupboard.. what type of a container was it? any mods? how did you log off and log back in exactly? (Esc > quit, Load > choose save, Continue, that kind of thing)

Logged off by hitting ESC then quit to desktop. Logged back in by choosing Continue in Steam menu. I had stored the watches in a wooden crate. I've managed to hang on to the one in my inventory the last two times I've logged out and back in again, so that's a positive thing. In the past I've discovered that right after an update (hours after) sometimes things are a little screwy but, in 3-4 days they seem to work themselves out somehow. Not the big issues that could cause my death but little things. I'm hoping this is the case with the watches since I've been able to hang on to the one I have left (in inventory) the last couple of relogs. Going out  on a major looting run soon and will concentrate on trying to find some watches again and hopefully able to hang onto them this time. I will report back if it happens again. I do have about 4-5 minor mods enabled and if it happens again, I will disable them and see if that could be a problem. I've been real lucky so far with mods not causing me issues.

Edited by fcolley3
corrected info

Did you ever find a fix for this? I am having the same issue, but also including alarm clocks. I tried to force spawn both an alarm clock and a digital watch via NecroForge and it does not populate the item in my inventory.

• 3 weeks later...