Zaidah

[41.40] Still issues with 1-handed weapon when moving

I was hoping the 41.40 update would fix it, but maybe it got missed ? Anyway, here are some clips to show the issue : sometimes when hitting a zombie, the character freezes in place (you can see the legs/feet moving but the character stays in the same place) until the "hit" animation is over, making you vulnerable. It only seems to happen with 1-handed/handled weapons.

The "movement disruption" is enabled, and this is a world I created after the last update.

Yes it is, as you can't actually move when it happens. It doesn't happen consistantly (though when it does, it can be deadly), but if you make some try when backpedaling (it seems that's when it happens the more) with a 1-handed weapon (I increased zombie tankiness to test it) you should have it happen at some point.

2 hours ago, Zaidah said:

Yes, it seems to happen for kills, but also when they fall on the ground (they aren't necessary dead), and you indeed get stuck briefly when it happens.

EasyPickens has committed a fix for it. It seems the xml data for the critical hit animation was messed up.