New Digital Watches Extremely rare?

umzay10

Downloaded the new IWBMS build update that adds new watches and other wearable jewelry to the game. I've been playing for 20 in-game days and have yet to find a new digital watch. I've found two on another save in one house and haven't even caught a glimpse of one on my new save after clearing the entire damn town of Muldraugh. Spawns need upped for them or something. The save I found the watches on I spawned in West Point, the save I haven’t found any on I spawned in Muldraugh 

Numbers of new watches spawns have been reduced a little because there were simply too many of them spawning on zeds (so many that the've simply lost value to the player). However, I've not had any issues with finding wrist watches since... Is it a specific type of watch or any wrist watch that you can't find? Are you using any mods? Could you verify your game files and see if that helps?

That makes sense, I figured they reduced spawns because the watches just didn’t feel like anything special anymore in previous versions. And so far I’ve only found digital watches. I haven’t found any of the other ones, even after turning the spawn rates for the “other” category in the settings all the way up to abundant. I am using mods, but nothing that alters clothing in any way, just with mostly quality of life fixes like backpack attachments and similar stuff along those lines. I verified my game files and nothing was missing, however I did do a clean reinstall of the game because for some reason the new watches and jewelry had no icons in the inventory menu. The reinstall fixed that issue

Edit: After re-enabling mods the icons for the new items are gone again, they show up as like little questions marks with a circle around them. I'm going to do another clean install and just play without mods until the they all get updated. It's not game-breaking but I do wanna see those new beautiful icon models lol 

1 hour ago, umzay10 said:

Edit: After re-enabling mods the icons for the new items are gone again, they show up as like little questions marks with a circle around them. I'm going to do another clean install and just play without mods until the they all get updated. It's not game-breaking but I do wanna see those new beautiful icon models lol 

After doing some testing it seems that none of my mods are causing the issue. I disabled them all and re-enabled them one by one to see which was the culprit and did another clean reinstall after seeing no results. The icons came back after the reinstall. The odd part is that it worked fine until I restarted the game. Upon restarting with no mods enabled, the icons disappeared once again 

12 hours ago, umzay10 said:

After doing some testing it seems that none of my mods are causing the issue. I disabled them all and re-enabled them one by one to see which was the culprit and did another clean reinstall after seeing no results. The icons came back after the reinstall. The odd part is that it worked fine until I restarted the game. Upon restarting with no mods enabled, the icons disappeared once again 

Yay! A partial win there! :) But how do you mean "restart" - quit and then continue? quit and load? do the icons reappear if you "restart" again?

By restart I just mean closing out of the game completely (quitting to desktop) and then opening it and loading back into my save. And no, it seems once they disappear after the first restart they stay gone. I’ve tried disabling mods again and I reinstalled the game one more time to see if i could get it to work and had no luck. Even after the final reinstall the icons were still just question marks 

I have almost the exact issue as well. When the 41.40 came out i started to see the jewelry and new watches on zombies as expected. However, when i close the game and opened it back up they stopped appearing on zombies. I was playing with mods from beginning and didn't change anything but nevertheless i disabled all mods. Still didn't work. I reinstalled the game completely and the new spawns on zombies were present again. Unfortunately the story repeats itself after exiting and enabling PZ for a second time. 

Good to know someone else is having the Same issue. Ive never even seen the new watches or jewelry spawn on zombies. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and nothing I do seems to permanently fix the issue. Strange, I hope whatever this issue is can get resolved 

Update on the situation. Okay so, to get it working again I had to do a clean reinstall, basically you need to remove all of the files including the ones in your documents because steam doesn't touch them when uninstalling. It worked on vanilla, on mods too. Even though I closed and then opened the game back up and created a new save. Sadly next morning after turning my PC on, the bug came back. Just to be sure it's none of the mods interfering with this. I'm going to reinstall again and play on vanilla. Then turn my PC off and on and so on and so forth, you know the drill. I have a suspect though for my case. I forgot I had the unique Z mod enabled which clearly overwrites clothing as seen in the logs. Oh and if anybody knows if this has also something to do with my problem:

LOG  : Mod, 1597226403821> 2x version of NZTILEPACK.pack not found.
ERROR: Mod, 1597226403821> ChooseGameInfo.readModInfo> tiledef=NZNEWTILES 1200 file number must be from 100 to 1000

Or this is just "normal" thing in the logs. 

Yeah, it seems to be working normally again. Some mods just mess with your PZ files in documents and uninstalling only using steam doesn't change anything. At least for me it worked. Unique Z most likely was the problem. If anybody didn't try this yet and didn't know about it, then in order to cleanly wipe your PZ aside from uninstalling using steam. You need to go to your disk C then to users, find yourself and delete the Zomboid file. Just make sure to back up any sandbox presets etc. If you have any. If anybody asks i'm currently playing with only 3 mods. Kitsune's Crossbow, Pillows Random Spawn and Silencer.

11 hours ago, Xsayen said:

Yeah, it seems to be working normally again. Some mods just mess with your PZ files in documents and uninstalling only using steam doesn't change anything. At least for me it worked. Unique Z most likely was the problem. If anybody didn't try this yet and didn't know about it, then in order to cleanly wipe your PZ aside from uninstalling using steam. You need to go to your disk C then to users, find yourself and delete the Zomboid file. Just make sure to back up any sandbox presets etc. If you have any. If anybody asks i'm currently playing with only 3 mods. Kitsune's Crossbow, Pillows Random Spawn and Silencer.

Dang, that really sucks, UniqueZ has been a must have mod for me for a while now. I’ll do as you suggested and delete the file completely and reinstall the game. So far I’ve been playing with a decent workaround where I just increase clothing spawns but the watches still don’t spawn on zombies and backpacks become far too common. Hopefully your fix works for me as I’m looking forward to finally seeing a watch spawn on a zombie lol 

On 8/13/2020 at 3:48 PM, umzay10 said:

Dang, that really sucks, UniqueZ has been a must have mod for me for a while now. I’ll do as you suggested and delete the file completely and reinstall the game. So far I’ve been playing with a decent workaround where I just increase clothing spawns but the watches still don’t spawn on zombies and backpacks become far too common. Hopefully your fix works for me as I’m looking forward to finally seeing a watch spawn on a zombie lol 

Problem solved! Thanks a ton Xsayen, followed your instructions and it’s working perfectly. The culprit was definitely UniqueZ, even people on the UniqueZ mod page on steam were complaining about it breaking the new clothing item spawns on zombies and such. Guess I’ll just have to drop that mod until the author is able to update it. Thanks again for all your effort and help! 

No problem. I had to find a solution for myself anyway. I'm glad i could help. If you can edit forum posts then perhaps add [Solved] to the title. This way other more people with the same problem can check if the fix works for them as well. 

Archived