IWBUMS 41.40 RELEASED

nasKo

Hello all,

is it just me or has the latest update made it nearly impossible to "shove down" (shove them until they fall down) zombies, while holding a stabbing weapon (knife, screwdriver etc)?

I've tried it with multiple stabbing weapons equipped and If I remember correctly, I was never able to shove down a zombie.

I'm able to shove down zombies just fine if I have a blunt weapon equipped (i.e hammer).

Just as an example, I tried shoving (NOT stabbing it) a zombie with a screwdriver equipped 20 times, and it didn't fall down.

Then I switched to the hammer, shoved the zombie ONCE and it fell down immediately.  In case it matters, I have very similarly leveled up both "short blunt"  and "short blade" skills

For now, my workaround is to have the hammer equipped,  shove the zombies down (with max 1 or 2 tries usually), then switching to a stabbing weapon for the "stab-down" kill.

The latest build I tested this mechanic was 41.38 (and it was working just fine).

Sorry, but I didn't play 41.39, so I dunno if it was "broken" there as well.

Sorry, I just saw the note on the top of the post :

Hotfix, August 3rd:

- Fixed not being able to knock down zombies by shoving with a knife-like weapon equipped.

I guess I just haven't received the related hotfix yet (GOG galaxy version 41.40). 

I will try to see what's up with that.

Please disregard my post above.

Edited by gamatos

17 hours ago, tapczan said:

1 . Most of the weapons cannot ba attached to back/belt 

Like an axe cannot be attached to the back , but a meat cliver can to the belt

2. A Shotgun is held upside down ( as in screenshot) 

1. Not sure what you mean here: some weapons can only be attached to the belt and others only to the back... Could you be more specific wth what weapon is causing you the issue?

2. Don't see any issues with any of the Shotguns in game either.. Are you using any mods?

Perhaps, a good idea would be to verify the game files just to ensure that the update has gone in fully/correctly? 

Can you tag the skills that are subject to change? For example, a fat character can become thin and vice versa. But the smoking character will not be able to quit smoking. It is difficult for beginners to play the game which negative skills can be eliminated in the game. For example, claustrophobia goes away after 3 months, but how can a beginner know this?

27 minutes ago, GriNAME said:

Can you tag the skills that are subject to change? For example, a fat character can become thin and vice versa. But the smoking character will not be able to quit smoking. It is difficult for beginners to play the game which negative skills can be eliminated in the game. For example, claustrophobia goes away after 3 months, but how can a beginner know this?

Common sense.🤣

• nasKo unpinned this topic