office partition

Damano

8 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Makes for a very effective barricade, no? ;) Thanks for the report, I'll add it onto the list of bugs!

Yes, the best barricade. It would be nice if the zombies broke it .

Trick with this barricade is to use a zig-zag like

|
|
|
~~~
  |
~~~
|^ removable one is the middle one (you need 3)
|
|

So that there is a direction accessible from both sides. I had the opposite issue of getting locked out.

Used it in a city base to block off external doors from this place (map)  , great zombies cannot get in. But after the helicopter event I had a ton of them milling around. This is on day 5 or 6. So still was watching TV and reading books. Eventually I figured why not lead them away, bet I can outrun them... Yeah that actually worked, however the rope that I used to jump down was destroyed when I managed to come back and fight my way back to the entrance... So I had no way of getting back, thankfully because I barricaded every door with those, I was able to eventually make my way to the hair salon and remove the barricade that way.

However also keep in mind that its a great way to keep mobs out, its also absolutely insane way of collecting a metric ton of zombies. Guess I left TV on upstairs so they were all going insane trying to get in. Pretty sure I had at least 20-40 all trying to walk into that area. Ended up having to use a honking car to get them out and even after that I had to go through about 20 (very slowly) just to get in. Nearly died when a bunch of zedz heard me from the adjacent building and "popped over for lunch". Had to leg it and slowly beat them down.

*** Idea ***

I think we definately need to make them jumpable (they are not so tall so being able to see through them is nice too), but gotta have some other way of getting back into the base, like a grappaling hook or something you can carry to throw into the open window and climb up (maybe linked to aiming)...

Edited by rufiooh
updated barricade plan