Shortdoid

nasKo

108600_screenshots_20200720132130_1.jpg

Howdy all, bit of a short Thursdoid today since the usual writer is away this week, however still a few bits to share!

BUILD 41.40

We’re feeling very close to getting 41.40 out, and given the short Thursdoid was hoping we could squeeze it out today to compensate, however really we need a little more time to test the latest changes which went in last night. We’ve made combat balance changes and early indications are that it's improved the combat imbalances that the animation changes talked about the last couple of weeks have been added, however this isn’t something we can be lax on since bad balance on combat could upend the game quite badly.

As soon as we’re confident things are back close to how they were, we’ll look to get the build out for everyone to play.

Other cool changes related to this have been added to the build by Tim, which should resolve a few long standing frustrations.

• The player will ignore zombies standing on the other side of a fence if there is a prone zombie on the near side of the fence.
  • The player may target the head, waist or feet of prone zombies, instead of only the head, though targeting the head still does the most damage.
  • Fixed some issues with attack range calculations. This should make the character more likely to attack a standing zombie instead of a closer knocked down one if they are likely to be a threat to the player.

MULTIPLAYER

Not much fancy to show, but Yuri’s been putting the more boring under the bonnet finishing touches on the zombie networking, in preperation for moving onto player syncing. Earlier work meant all the zombie animation state xml were duplicated, and he’s been optimizing this so that multiplayer and single player action states for animations can coexist together.

This will help going forward, and once the player stuff is synced, we should be able to get some much more interesting videos to show off of players interacting on MP servers. After that will come diagnosing and fixing the issues that cause high traffic servers to grind to a halt, and we’ll be looking to start our first tests of the servers. It’s still a way off but there does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel now!

…aaaand that’s it. Sorry for the short Thursdoid, hopefully things will be back to normal next week!

This week’s house party from xclickitx. A changelist of all IWBUMS patches since the 41 beta was released can be found here. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send you update notifications once builds get released. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!

Hi, great work !

Do you know if Yuri will end his work on the build 41mp before the end of summer (or the year) ? I've started a thread but i didnt have a answer. Thx for the answer (moderator can you give me the link to the precise schedule i dont find it, no offense)

3 minutes ago, sucaralt said:

Hi, great work !

Do you know if Yuri will end his work on the build 41mp before the end of summer (or the year) ? I've started a thread but i didnt have a answer. Thx for the answer (moderator can you give me the link to the precise schedule i dont find it, no offense)

When it’s ready.

you won't get a specific time frame for MP.

obviously a lot to still do on it

and these guys learned LONG ago NOT to give out a rough Guesstimate on such things.

people always read too much into whatever they say, and assume it will be coming in the next update.

when the Internal Testers have had time to search for the BIG bugs, then MAYBE we get it on a IWBUMS branch

just keep an eye on the forum, Discord, & Steam for news on MP.

Quick question.  I've been anxious to start another life but then the announcement that 41.4 was close came and I've been holding off for the past week now.  Really want to start a new one though.  If I start a new one now, will I have to start another game again when 41.4 hits or will everything transition over seamlessly?