Rimworld-esque interior beautification

LiamS45

I've recently been spending some time on my base fixing things up and improving my carpentry skill only to come inside the house and... It's somewhere between a complete mess and utterly bland. 

As far as I'm aware boredom increases the more time you spend indoors and decreases when you're outdoors so my character has no incentive to sit in their house reading a book whether it was a luxury mansion, a storm is passing outside or my favourite spiffo doll is sitting on the rug. 

I wonder how worthwhile/how much workload it would take for certain items in an interior space to work against the boredom traits, soft furnishings, games machines, rugs, spiffo dolls etc working either towards a positive moodlet or against the boredom that interior spaces tend to give. This would also give an incentive for players to acquire said furnishings rather than living in an empty cesspool with a couple of crates to store canned goods in. I think in a real apocalypse, although not a priority, creating a homely space would be important.