Bags Capacity Elasticity and Tailoring

Batalha

Hi,

I suggest that we should be capable of going beyond bags capacity at the cost of durability, and we should tailor patch them.

So, first, bags should have durability like clothing and weapons.  Durability loss should be influenced by the activity (running/fighting damages much more than walking) and by going beyond its nominal value.  I'll use the schoolbag as example.  If we use it as projected (to keep below 15) even running shouldn't damage it and the durability loss is only noticeable on the long term.  But as we go above, it wears down quickier, exponentially quickier.  So, putting an extra pencil on a bag isn't a big deal, a extra axe is (20% on a schoolbag).  Going after 50% should be impossible or straight up destroy it on the first running you have to do.

Well, we damaged our bags.  So, the storage limit is going to be lower until we fix it.  A poorly patched won't be back on its original value.  On the other hand, some reinforcement could help improve a bit.  Some leather strips on the bottom of a bhb will be a nice thing to aim for.

I believe this is good at the beginning with the extra carrying potential and at the end as well, because it is an extra resource to be aware of (and go look for).  Adds more uses for extra bags and for tailoring.  Having options and making decisions is generally good and I can imagine some 'loot rescue mission' because our bag 'broke' and our loot is surrounded by the zed that made us run on the first place.

I must say I like this idea! A skilled tailor should also be able to modify their bag in various ways; more capacity in exchange for durability, more weight reduction in exchange for capacity, more durability in exchange for weight reduction, and so on. There would always be something you have to sacrifice to get something else.

This could be quite helpful to have certain bags tailored to specific purposes; like say, a less durable but more weight reducing  for hauling furniture around, or a bigger one with less durability and weight reduction, but with plenty of space, as you just keep it in the floor as a container.

The possibilities here are many...