I want to try to survive 1 year, someone did it already?

Damano

I don't think I ever played Apocalypse mode, but I just started one earlier today. So far I'm on day 8 or 9 i think?  I didn't find a clock yet.

There just so happened to be a taxi with the key and 3/4 tank of gas in the driveway when I started.

I grabbed a chair, cooking pot, empty bowl, a couple tools, seed packets, makeshift mattress, ice machine, a few other items and of course a can opener along the way, then headed to an abandoned camp that has an antique stove.

The days go by too fast in this mode to micro-manage anything, since they're constantly eating (I normally play real time).  Basically all I'm doing is having them fish "with a spear", forage and work on cooking, so that when the power eventually goes off and all the frozen food goes bad, they can use the rotten food during the winter if their cooking skill is high enough by then.  The zomies are very far up the road, so even the helicopter on day 7?, didn't bring them to the camp.

My oldest character is almost 8 months, but I don't play them anymore. It was back in version 40.43.  It was an online server and I easily had 10+ years of canned food, a garden and a dozen or more rain barrels. They were way out in the middle of nowhere in the forest, so the zombies wouldn't show up. They never even had to leave their log wall yard.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a guy back in the day who broke two years by hiding in a building with a ton of food and sleeping tablets. He basically hibernated the whole time.

Not sure if that sort of thing still works, but once you reach a month or two the rest is fairly simple as long as you're careful.

It's not terribly hard to live a long time once you're through the very early game. If you get enough food and supplies and go to a remote area and stay out of trouble and work on farming, your odds go up dramatically. Not as fun though, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

It's not terribly hard to live a long time once you're through the very early game. If you get enough food and supplies and go to a remote area and stay out of trouble and work on farming, your odds go up dramatically. Not as fun though, in my opinion.

I have already lived 4 months in the city West Point 

Безымянный.png

Archived