Walking through a crate

Grelko

It's a bit hard to see, so I chose it from the "loot menu", so it would highlight it.

I have a crate built inside the house, directly to the NW of the window. I also have a crate outside house, that is 1 spot south of the first crate, so that the two pictures overlap.

It lets me walk through the crate that is inside the house. (No collision)

Edit - the second picture is much easier to see, after I turned on the lights.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Edited by Grelko

I think that might be the case also, but usually if you try to go through a window and something is blocking it, your character climbs onto and over the object, like a small bookcase or minifridge in the way.  I can have my character walk through the crate normally and not need to go through the window also, just moving from NE to SW along the inner wall.

13 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

I hope they have a plan to add one eventually, but I think it's not there yet.

I just tested it with a few other objects.  I thought it was a bugged spot on the floor, but if there's an object blocking a window, you CAN walk through it.

I agree with you, they should add the animation for climbing onto objects when going the opposite direction also.  It just looks weird when you walk or climb through an industrial fridge haha.  I'm not sure what they could do for that one though, seeing that it's a full size object and you wouldn't be able to climb over it when it's as big as the wall.

I can even climb "through" my truck into a building. :)  However, If I have the truck blocking the outside of the window, it won't let me climb back out.

Edit - Just be careful where you park.

Untitled.png

Edited by Grelko