Version 41 compared to 40.43, I miss my walls. etc.

Grelko

Don't get me wrong I like this new version, but....

When compared to version 40.43 for example, now I can't see my walls.  When near the walls, even with the light turned on, all I see is outside through the walls, not the walls themselves anymore.  I have to be on the complete other side of the room for them to show up.  (Pictures below)  It would be nice to have an option to turn them on/off (and actually see the NW/NE walls), without the SW or SE walls in the way.  If I wanted to paint the walls, or maybe put up a painting or two, I wouldn't be able to see them anyways, unless I was at the other side of the house.

Edit - Even that far away, in picture 2, It still doesn't show the NE wall and starts to block the NW wall with the SW wall.

If I'm facing towards a container, a lot of the time it will show the container that's beside it, so I have to very quickly press a movement key to try and find the exact spot, so that it shows the container I want to look in.  Sometimes I even need to be a bit past the container to even get it to show up on the "loot all" menu.  After taking or placing an item in the container I want, it usually switches to another container that I'm near.

The movement seems buggy. If you are trying to look in a specific direction, and press the W+D keys at the same time, you are probably going to face in one of the other directions, instead of NE.  It's like the character twitches to the side, instead of a nice fluid motion to look a certain way (like they did in 40.43).

I can't scroll the map to look farther ahead, to the side, or behind me while driving or just sitting in the vehicle anymore, if I hold the right click.

Regarding mobs, you have to be VERY specific on the spot you are aiming for, when trying to attack mobs. If you don't have the mouse arrow very close to the exact spot you are aiming for, you will most likely swing somewhere off to the side, or stomp the ground beside the mob.  Let's say you have a zombie to the NE of you. If you have the mouse cursor a few inches past the zombie, it can miss often.

The clothing isn't at the top of the inventory anymore.

All this other stuff isn't really that bad, I just want to be able to see my walls again lol.

Edit - The walls not showing up, seems to happen more during the night.  Sometimes they Do show.  This might possibly be some type of "lighting" bug.  When the lamp was on or off, the walls didn't show unless I was far away, but when I lit the antique stove, now they are showing properly again. (Picture 3)  I'm also posting some of this in the bug section.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived