Withdrawal from Cigarettes

fcolley3

I've seem many discussions on characters who have the smoking trait. I haven't found  definitive answer from a Dev whether or our character will eventually loose this trait if deprived of their cigarettes. I know the withdrawal stages would put them in very uncomfortable situations but, if they are fortunate enough to kick the habit, will they eventually stop with the anxiety and become a happy nonsmoker? Would a Dev please expound on this please. Will he/she go insane and die from lack of nicotine?

Thank you for the response Pandorea. So when the cigarettes run out, my player will just go insane and possibly die? Not having a way of dealing with the withdrawal leads me to not select that trait when building my character. Glad to hear they are planning on making an adjustment in the future.

• 3 months later...

Would be great to make the smokes do even more positive to the character that DONT have the trait. Making people lusting to smoke to gain short benefits. The negative would be a change to get the smoke trait so you would actually become addicted. There are many medicines that could have been added to make this effect. Should have been done for the sleeping pills or pain ones.