Show -hunger on unopened canned food

Grelko

For the people using Nutritionist, I'd like to see -hunger on the unopened canned items.  It would give you better control over having them consume less calories, or letting them bulk up a bit, before opening the can and possibly wasting it, seeing that sometimes food "especially canned food" can be quite rare.

For example -

Canned carrots is around 10.5 calories and gives -12 hunger =  0.875 calories per 1 hunger

Canned spaghetti bolognese is 540 calories and -25 hunger = 21.6 calories per 1 hunger

Let's say your character needed -100 hunger, the difference between those two would be 2072.5 calories.

I'm just suggesting this for the people that try to control their characters weight.

Now if your character is starving, just let them eat and don't worry about the calories that much.

Edit - Seeing that my characters weight is currently at 107, I have to waste that open can of spaghetti bolognese.

Edited by Grelko

1 hour ago, Grelko said:

For the people using Nutritionist, I'd like to see -hunger on the unopened canned items.  It would give you better control over having them consume less calories, or letting them bulk up a bit, before opening the can and possibly wasting it, seeing that sometimes food "especially canned food" can be quite rare.

For example -

Canned carrots is around 10.5 calories and gives -12 hunger =  0.875 calories per 1 hunger

Canned spaghetti bolognese is 540 calories and -25 hunger = 21.6 calories per 1 hunger

Let's say your character needed -100 hunger, the difference between those two would be 2072.5 calories.

I'm just suggesting this for the people that try to control their characters weight.

Now if your character is starving, just let them eat and don't worry about the calories that much.

Edit - Seeing that my characters weight is currently at 107, I have to waste that open can of spaghetti bolognese.

I suggested that on a few occasions already, maybe it didn't caught up. The egg carton is also missing nutrition but these should also be visible by a non-nutritionists :)

9 hours ago, sprkng said:

Shouldn't need nutritionist to see stats on canned food, it's literally printed on the can :) Well, at least today it is, not sure if food had energy info labels in USA in 1993

As far as I can tell, mandatory labeling was voted in by Congress in 1990.

https://www.fooddive.com/news/the-origins-and-evolution-of-nutrition-facts-labeling/507016/

On 7/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, sprkng said:

Shouldn't need nutritionist to see stats on canned food, it's literally printed on the can :) Well, at least today it is, not sure if food had energy info labels in USA in 1993

I think he meant the jars where you place veggies yourself. Non-nutritionist should already see it on cans, unless something's wrong

4 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

I think he meant the jars where you place veggies yourself. Non-nutritionist should already see it on cans, unless something's wrong

Seeing the nutrition value of "player made" jars of food would be nice also.

Just to clear things up, I meant that I would like to see the -hunger on these type of cans, before opening them.

Untitled.thumb.png.3b39f99e68596c97fd3ee851b6e0fc16.png