Two questions about the new foraging menu

Faalagorn

I like the new foraging menu, it's an upgrade to what we had certainly! However, I have a two technical questions:

1. Why there's a "Forage" (or equivalent) progress bar when the items can drop at any time? and 
  2. Why the progress bar is still going when abundance is at 0%? Can you still get items?

Hmm.. never seen it continue past 0%... how often does this happen to you? I know, right, - any mods?

Regarding progress bar - it's like a visual representation of the foraging cycle. Shows why char never finds anything if only a half of one is completed, for instance. 

10 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Hmm.. never seen it continue past 0%... how often does this happen to you? I know, right, - any mods?

Regarding progress bar - it's like a visual representation of the foraging cycle. Shows why char never finds anything if only a half of one is completed, for instance. 

Oh, I mean that the bar is 0% but it waits for the "cycle" to finish – you can break it with moving, but if not it will continue to go down for the final time. Can you find anything or get an XP during that time when the bar is at 0%? If not, then I guess it should automatically stop?

Also, wouldn't it be simplier if there was just one progress bar that shows the abundance and action can be started/skip instead of looping the cycles? Might be an engine limitation though, but I wonder if there's any reason, as it is stlightly confusing now :P

13 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Oh, I mean that the bar is 0% but it waits for the "cycle" to finish – you can break it with moving, but if not it will continue to go down for the final time. Can you find anything or get an XP during that time when the bar is at 0%? If not, then I guess it should automatically stop?

Also, wouldn't it be simplier if there was just one progress bar that shows the abundance and action can be started/skip instead of looping the cycles? Might be an engine limitation though, but I wonder if there's any reason, as it is stlightly confusing now :P

This might get changed once the team will get to adding "filler" anims for stuff that is currently communicated via a progress bar (an attempt has been made at removing those and the result was not pretty :) )

Archived