Possible fishing bug?

Grelko

TL;DR   check my 3rd post for the info I found.

Windows 10,  No mods, v41.39  "at least it should be" even though it still shows 41.38 since GoG games apparently didn't get the hotfix for the number yet.

Edit again- Maybe It's not caused by the temperature moodlet? I had them put on a lot more clothes, so they don't get cold anymore and it still happens.

When my character is fishing in the fastest mode (F6), they will randomly stop fishing. I have them using a spear.  I've been paying attention to it and I believe that it is happening, when they switch from normal to "chilly". It seems to happen a lot more often when it is raining.   Is it setup this way on purpose, so that your character won't freeze if you happen to leave the computer for a few minutes?

Edit - it also happens in other modes, not just the fastest speed.

Edit 2 - It seems to happen when the chilly moodlet appears with the red down arrow.

Edit 3 -  If I remember correctly, I switched to the "resilient" trait on my last few characters, just to give a bit more info to this. The currently used traits are...

Weak, slow healer, unlucky, cat's eye, dexterous, fast reader, outdoorsman, graceful, inconspicuous, nutritionist, (resilient), eagle eyed, herbalist, keen hearing, organized, unfit, obese.

Also, when they stop fishing on their own, if I close and re-open the fishing menu, it will show  (Fishing abundance nan%) until I actually have them start fishing. Then it goes back to 100%, since they haven't caught anything yet.

Can anyone clear this up, or is this a bug?  (edit - switched a few words) It gets really annoying when I have to keep hitting (OK) to restart fishing, because they get a little chilly, when it's barely raining and they're not even getting wet yet.

I never noticed it happening until yesterday (using V41.37) which I was using for a good while.  At first, I thought it might have been a bad save file, so I deleted it and it still happened.  I completely reinstalled the game with the newest updates and it's happening again.

Edit one more time -  I just saw, that if you keep the fishing menu open, you can walk around and fish wherever you want. (Picture included at bottom)

If you try this with Foraging, your character will walk all the way back to the foraging spot you chose.

here is the log file zip.

logs.zip

Untitled.png

Edited by Grelko

I tried without the (Resilient) trait and it doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm thinking that resilient is conflicting with another trait, possibly Unlucky? 

(this might be the reason it took me until level 4 fishing with a spear in November, to catch anything with one of my previous toons, but I think I was using 41.37 at the time) Also, once it hit level 4, even though it was "winter" i caught a ton of fish with that spear lol.

I will test resilient without the Unlucky trait and let you know if that's what's causing it with an edit to this post.

Edit - I had to remove Unlucky and graceful, to get enough skill points back to keep resilient.

Edit - I was right, it was a conflict between the unlucky and resilient traits.  I'm also "rarely" catching fish with a spear at level 0 fishing again (It's still October 31st), even though I have it set at "very poor"

Edited by Grelko

What makes this bug interesting, is that once my character got into level 5 fishing and actually started catching fish (it's currently November), it seems to have stopped happening.  (Edit - It's still happening)

Right now, their fishing is at level 5 and 28.75/1500

My main character caught absolutely nothing until it opened level 5, but now they're catching TONS of fish with the spear. Ok, 7 fish and 1 sock in an hour or so of game time. It took the abundance to 0%      I have the world setting to very poor and the start date is October 31st, so they caught the fish in November, which is also when I started having them fish.

Edit - Tons of fish must have been that certain time of day, since they haven't caught anything while it's daytime during the next day.

----------------------------------------------

To combine all my info from my other posts...

Resilient and Unlucky traits bug out fishing with a spear, so that it randomly stops and you have to keep pressing OK to restart fishing. This stops once you reach level 5 fishing (if it's November)

If you have the fishing menu open, you can move and go fishing wherever you want. I haven't found out if you can actually catch anything in other areas yet.

Edit - I minimize the game quite often and/or leave it paused for long periods of time, if that might have anything to do with it?

Edited by Grelko

Using a spear, It doesn't happen during the certain time of morning or night, that you have a bonus to fishing, IF you have a high enough skill to catch any fish in November.

So, I'm thinking, that even with my fishing at level 5, if my character still has a 0% chance to catch anything in November, during the rest of the day or night, without the bonus to fishing, then it bugs out.

Yeah lol, I tend to over explain things a lot. I've been a "hobby" bug tester/ walkthroughs, for over 20 years.