Wiki :-)

Kirrus

I apologize if this question has been asked/answered before, but how can I access in-game sprites to add them to Wiki? I looked around the file directories, but didn't really find anything except for UI elements and some textures. I found the PZUnPacker tool, but couldn't find the file(s) that would contain the object sprites.

I can not edit because of spam block word "phone".

Expect a rapid response.

Find a different word. I'm not removing that from the spam filter, it's usefully stopping a spam attack we're under.

Also, please be aware of word-toning "expect a rapid response" is actually relatively rude, especially as the vast majority of work on the wiki is by volunteers, in their spare time.

Hi Vitaminlost, 

At this time you will need to delay the edits for those pages. Unfortunately, we were hit with a very large spammer attack a week ago that forced us to make some changes. Similar attacks are continuing so we need the filters up to prevent spamming across the wiki on a wider scale. It is no fun waking up to 600 wiki spam pages about Apple technicians phone numbers.

Thanks for your patience, 

Pianoman

Unfortunately, we were hit with a very large spammer attack a week ago that forced us to make some changes. Similar attacks are continuing so we need the filters up to prevent spamming across the wiki on a wider scale. It is no fun waking up to 600 wiki spam pages about Apple technicians phone numbers.

How about trying to add some captchas? Preferably only when the words in question are being used, I saw other wikis requesting captcha the moment you add URL too (PCGamingWIki is one of them) Might be a bit annoying to enter, but still better than losing the posibility to edit altogether.

Hi Pianoman,

Thank you for reply.

I was told that "Find a different word".

When the volunteers carried out at your own discretion , further confusion can occur.

So , I hope I will determine the rules of simple asterisk.

For example,

phone→pho

I am not a man of the English-speaking world , I do not know the appropriate rules.

I just want to avoid the official wiki is useless...

If possible , I want to do a way that is not delay the edits.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Vitaminlost

How about trying to add some captchas? Preferably only when the words in question are being used, I saw other wikis requesting captcha the moment you add URL too (PCGamingWIki is one of them) Might be a bit annoying to enter, but still better than losing the posibility to edit altogether.

We've already got captchas, and word filters, and rule filters, and we're also using an external service to look at your browser and try to identify if you're legit or not. They're *still* getting through. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an idea to use them in the performance introduction page of weapons and food.

English version I'm going to make depending on the reply.

In my opinion , the current wiki state is not sufficient to convey the fun of the game.

I want as much as possible improve this.

Please...Give me a chance!

PageTest.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i wanted to join the Wiki, but i cant see the Captcha Box.

Edit: I've asked a friend of mine and he said it's because Google Chrome doesn't load insecure scripts. The ReCaptcha script is loaded via HTTP while the site is being served via HTTPS.

Edited by Crashdummy11880

On 4/27/2016 at 9:45 AM, Crashdummy11880 said:

Hello, i wanted to join the Wiki, but i cant see the Captcha Box.

Edit: I've asked a friend of mine and he said it's because Google Chrome doesn't load insecure scripts. The ReCaptcha script is loaded via HTTP while the site is being served via HTTPS.

Just refresh the page again, I had the same issue, and when I refreshed it appeared.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can attest to the boost the Wiki gives to the learning curve. I've been looking forward to updates on the new Nutrition system, etc. I'm guessing those who work on the Wiki are just so busy trying out all the new stuff in the latest build. We really got a lot with this one.

Looking forward to Wiki updates. I would help, but it would be my very first Wiki and just learning how to update it would take time. Besides, I think such things are best left to the more seasoned zomboys and zombettes.

3 hours ago, Erkinwine said:

I can attest to the boost the Wiki gives to the learning curve. I've been looking forward to updates on the new Nutrition system, etc. I'm guessing those who work on the Wiki are just so busy trying out all the new stuff in the latest build. We really got a lot with this one.

Looking forward to Wiki updates. I would help, but it would be my very first Wiki and just learning how to update it would take time. Besides, I think such things are best left to the more seasoned zomboys and zombettes.

Login, and hit the edit button! It really is that simple. Just look at how others have done the formatting, and you can add to it :)

• 1 month later...
On 2016-02-14 at 0:39 PM, kirrus said:

We've already got captchas, and word filters, and rule filters, and we're also using an external service to look at your browser and try to identify if you're legit or not. They're *still* getting through. ;)

I'm very curious as to how much your paying for this spam protect service. 

I could so stop the spammers for you.