How exactly does "Erosion Days" work?

Grelko

41.37 no mods

I have Erosion Days set to fast 20 days.  Does this mean that after 20 days, that's as far as it's going, or does it continue to erode every 20 days?  I know it shows (until 100% growth), but does the cycle of erosion start over after it reaches that 100%?

I was just checking if it's just these couple extra trees, shrubs, grass in the road and some vines growing on the houses with a few cracks in them or, will nature actually "completely" take over? I'm talking after decades of game time.

I've been thinking about this because, once in a while I enjoy playing with zombies turned off like it's more of a wilderness survival game.

I'd really like to see everything go back to grass, forest and lakes. No more roads or even buildings, except the ones I've built or taken care of.

On a side note...

What I really like about the game is, that eventually (in the far future) all the cars wear down to useless scrap. Plus you won't have any electric, since the world ran out of batteries for your flashlight and electronic parts to fix the generator.  I say bring it on.

tumblr_nn49x21mMZ1qzwmsso1_500.jpg

I don't have an answer to your question but, it's something I've never given thought to and find the idea intriguing. I hope someone with knowledge of how erosion works can give insight. Your idea of another way of playing the game, no zeds and just taking on Mother Nature, shows that there are various ways of playing this game which could eliminate any "boredom" that I see others post about. Good for you!

I play a lot of other survival games, with or without zombies. Like Unreal World, Neo Scavenger, Cataclysm DDA, etc,  I actually like wilderness survival more, so if I have the option to turn off the enemies, I will sometimes.

Either that, or turn the spawn rate very low, like right now in PZ, instead of 0.35 "low" for zombies, I set it to 0.05. Which is just enough to let me explore everything, but still keeps me on my toes.

Now, if there was just a way to lower the item spawn more than "extremely rare" or even turn it off, because I still find a lot of items, especially in town. In CCDA, I always set the item spawn at 0.01 instead of 1.00 and you literally find almost nothing.

I was just thinking of how erosion in PZ seems to work with the roads cracking and growing grass, couldn't they make it so the roads crack more and more until they turn into gravel, then eventually back into dirt?  (like the normal dirt spots) Then slowly grow grass, trees, bushes in those spots?  I'm not sure how that would work for buildings, because that could take 100 years or more. I think there was a mod for building erosion somewhere though.

Archived